Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: It's Official: iPhone SDK in February!!!

Default It's Official: iPhone SDK in February!!!
    It's official. Steve Jobs has a letter posted on Apple's Hot News page announcing that an iPhone (and iPod Touch) SKD will be in developers hands in February 2008.
    http://www.apple.com/hotnews/

Green Apple
    Thanks

Smile wow
    This sounds like really good news, but until the details are hashed out we don't know really what will happen.

My letter to Apple will change now.

See the problem is not with an open development platform, it is with the way applications are installed.

Nullriver is not going to let any malicious apps on Installer.app.. same would be true for Apple-certified apps.

The phone not being completely open is probably the only reason a firewall hasn't been created for it. That is the first step to securing the phone, because if you make a firewall that only local networks can ssh into the phone that blocks out EDGE right there as a threat.

If the iPhone was open someone could redo the configuration so that applications do not all run as root.

yada yada yada there's lots of stuff.. At least now my letter to them will be more positive :-D

This is possibly very good news!!! i have to add the word possibly because of course we won't know til it comes out. Jobs is the master of marketing magic.
    <madrussian> in russia, you dont remove installer.app, it removes you!