Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help in Install BSD World 1.1.1 windows

Default Need help in Install BSD World 1.1.1 windows
    Hi all, need serious help here. been at it for the past 4 hrs. im a complete noob to this, but i tried to follow the guide to the t.

However, i'm dead stuck at step 3. i managed to connect to the iphone using winscp, and was trying to copy over the BSD_Base, BSD_Extra, BSD_More files. 1st time round it ended in error. Tried the whole copy process again, this time when it asked for overwrite permission i clicked "yes" one by one. Ended ok.

However when i brought up the terminal (crtl+t) and punched in the commands "rm /var/root/Media", it said failed error code 1. When i closed Winscp and launch it again, tried to click to the / (root) directory, this time it says these..

Command 'ls -la --full-time'
    failed with return code 1 and error message
    ls: illegal option -- -
    usage: ls [-ABCFHLPRSTWZabcdefghiklmnopqrstuwx1] [file ...].

disconnected Winscp, connected again, this time i click to the / directory of the iphone 1st and now can see the files listed.

What did i miss out? Why cant i execute the "rm /var/root/Media" commands?? And how come i get those error messages?

Anyone faced the same problems? Need some serious expert advice here please!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Im having the same problem... when trying to execute "rm /var/root/Media" I get:
    Failed with return code 1 and error message
    rm: /var/root/Media: is a directory

Help is appreciated

Thanks,
    Zach