Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snapture: anyone try yet, small prob

Default Snapture: anyone try yet, small prob
    I found this thru BigBoss. Great new camera app. Snapture.org for screenshots and specs. Similar to camera pro. You can use the side volume buttons or anywhere on screen to snap picture.

Best part---- IT IS FREE!!! And because of that I will donate.

Here is my problem though. When I take pictures it copies over my pictures in my camera roll. My regular camera app doesn't do that. I didn't have this problem with camera pro. It is like the app doesn't create a new space for pics. If I quit the app, I can go back into it and it will store the pics over the pics I just took.

Has anyone tried this? Is anyone having this problem?

Anyways great app (except for the little problem that I am sure will work out).

********* Problem fixed. I sent these guys an email about the possible bug and with in 30 minutes they responded and there was an update.

jt
    Last edited by jtrage; 2008-04-06 at 11:32 AM. Reason: new info

hows the zoom? is it horrible like camera pro?

It's a 2MP cameria with "Digital" zoom it's never going to be great, but i'd say it's good.

I just installed it on my 1.1.4 phone. Its pretty cool app!

iPhone? More like MyPhone nhba74's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New update will fix this problem.
    Hi,

For those of you that are having problems with pictures being copied over by ones that you just took....there is a new update out on installer. From what I've seen, this update fixes the problem.

Hope this helped.

And of course, update!
    Don't be shy, it's ok to hit that THANKS button.

Quote Originally Posted by sab3083 View Post
    hows the zoom? is it horrible like camera pro?
    I think digital zoom is crappy no matter what. Unfortunate.

Cool app.. the zoom seems to be much better that Cam pro...loving my cam now.. i will donate later

program is great. using it instead of the default cam on the phone

Thanks

App works great but it killed my battery life. I installed the app last night, took a few pictures with it to test. I let the iPhone go to "sleep" and when I woke up my battery was almost dead. I couldnt get my spring board to show up until i placed it in the charger. What was very odd is that once I could get to the springboard while in the charger, i uninstalled Snapture and did a hard reboot (power off and on). My battery life came up to 75% from 25% literally a minute earlier. I recall having a similar issue when i had tried Camera Pro.

I love Snapture but i cant have the battery running down like that. I looked to see what service was running to kill it but couldnt tell from looking at the list.

I found that if you take burst pics repeatedly, the application will randomly quit, otherwise very nice.