Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS/Email Crashing

Default SMS/Email Crashing
    I have done a lot of research on this problem and have only found 1 fix for the SMS crashing and that is to delete the sms.db file, losing all conversations. This is fine but a pain. What I have found is that SMS crashes at exactly midnight (also Email). Works fine all day no issues but at exactly midnight the 2 apps crash and will not open without deleting sms.db and archiving my mail. It must have something to do with the time stamp or something. Does anyone also have this issue? Any suggestions would be great. I am running 1.1.4

I also posted on a similar issue, but timing is not a factor with my phone, or my friend's phone. Having a lot of chats in progress, and receiving sms while the phone is asleep, and not viewing them right away seems to cause mine to hang. I would have to open my chat history w/ WeTool in order to delete the most recent sms's and then could launch the app again-- either that or goto the contact that last sent me an SMS, and click 'send text' and it would often allow me to launch the sms app, opening an active sms w/ that contact, from which I could reply, or go back to the main sms listings.

I just did a full DFU restore to 1.1.4 three times in a row, then used liberty+ 1.5 to jailbreak, activate, unlock.

So far it is working fine - no crashes, no long wait for the app to launch.

See if that helps?

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to avoid a restore as everything else works great and I have done lots of tweaking of my phone. Sorry for my ignorance but what does DFU stand for? and is Liberty+ better than Ziphone?

Thanks Again
    Kevin

check here:
    http://www.ipluspwns.com/?q=node/219

for DFU and iliberty+

but now my preference is pwnage as it is reversible and creates a new firmware you can load from itunes that is jailbroken, unlocked, and activated.

I did a DFU 3 times, then used iliberty+ and it ran fine for many SMS's (now I've switched to a pwned 16gb - which is working great pwned.