Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: reinstall openssh error

Default reinstall openssh error
    Was following a post here to enable service.app so i can turn ssh off in 1.1.1.

It said i should delete the com.apple.upgrade.plist in /system/library/launchdaemons/

than reinstall openssh from installer.

I deleted the file from winscp and than when i tried to uninstall openssh, i get an error that says "Error during uninstall script execution!"

Hmm, ok thank god that I did a copy of the com.apple.upgrade.plist file
    But the problem is that I canīt log in from winscp anymore.
    Get connection refused!

Tried to upload it from iphoneinterface but get ref0.

What should I do???

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

you might be stuck now that you can't ssh back in.. the problem is with installer thinking you still have openSSH installed... this is from when you had it on 1.0.2 probably... you need to mess with the files in /var/root/Library/Installer i believe... something like InstalledPackages.plist or something... open that and find the OpenSSH entry, delete it from <dict> to </dict>.

Im not 100&#37; sure on this, but worth a shot. Now that you can't ssh in, try just installing MobileFinder and MobileTextEdit and edit the file that way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to unclear For This Useful Post:

ticalo (2007-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    you might be stuck now that you can't ssh back in.. the problem is with installer thinking you still have openSSH installed... this is from when you had it on 1.0.2 probably... you need to mess with the files in /var/root/Library/Installer i believe... something like InstalledPackages.plist or something... open that and find the OpenSSH entry, delete it from <dict> to </dict>.

Im not 100% sure on this, but worth a shot. Now that you can't ssh in, try just installing MobileFinder and MobileTextEdit and edit the file that way.
    It worked
    Thx!!!