Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After jailbreaking my 4.3.4 I Purchased miwi but when rebooting iPhone freezes.

Default After jailbreaking my 4.3.4 I Purchased miwi but when rebooting iPhone freezes.
    After buying and Installing miwi in the final stage it asks me to to touch a button to reboot my iPhone and for everything to start working; but during the reboot when the iPhone apple logo is appearing iPhone never passes that stage, it freezes on the logo the screen.
    When the screen is frozen I can't turn off my iPhone or anything, the only thing I can do is to restore it through iTunes in which case everything as you know will be erased and I have to start the jailbreaking and everything else from scratch.
    I'm ready to give out more information On my cydia account and on my iPhone whenever moderators in his forum PM me.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by 1991danny1991; 2011-07-25 at 10:20 PM.

just a small problem, from what I can see. there is NO UNTETHERED JAILBREAK for 4.3.4. so if you unpluged your phone, and then tried to reboot, thats your problem. as to fix, someone else will have to help you with that..... or just think of google as your new best friend

3. The Following User Says Thank You to macleod1976 For This Useful Post:

1991danny1991 (2011-07-25)

Quote Originally Posted by macleod1976 View Post
    just a small problem, from what I can see. there is NO UNTETHERED JAILBREAK for 4.3.4. so if you unpluged your phone, and then tried to reboot, thats your problem. as to fix someone else will have to help you with that..... or just think of google as your new best friend
    I installed it twice one time with cord and once I pulled the cord off and both times it froze on the apple logo while rebooting and I had to restore the iPhone.
    But thanks for your help, *thanks*

No mods hasn't helped me yet? That's rather strange,

Received any assistance with my situation yet? Come on I paid 20 dollars and have not received any customer support in the past 2 days,

Your problem is not with the product you paid for (MyWi) , its with the 4.3.4 jailbreak.
    Its tethered, which means that every time you reboot your phone you HAVE TO:

• be connected to your computer
    • run the jailbreak tool to re-jailbreak your phone

If you don't do this every time, you won't be able to boot your phone.
    It works this way because you updated to 4.3.4, instead of sticking with 4.3.3 which has an UNTETHERED jailbreak.
    If tethered JB is not useful to you, I suppose you could try contacting the MiWi people and ask for a refund on the grounds that you can't use their software because your phone is not capable of running it.

At some unknown point in the future, there may be an untethered jailbreak for your phone, perhaps after iOS 5.0. In that case, if MyWi has been updated for that version of the OS- it may work just fine.
    Last edited by raduga; 2011-07-27 at 05:18 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

macleod1976 (2011-07-27)