Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi via WiFi working on one Win7 laptop, not on the other

Default MyWi via WiFi working on one Win7 laptop, not on the other
    So, MyWi is configured properly on my phone. I am able to connect from a Dell Latitude 6410 running Windows 7 as well as my Xbox 360. I used to be able to connect to MyWi via my Dell Latitude E4310 running Windows 7, but it's not anymore. The one thing that I messed with was trying to share my WiFi connection from my laptop at a hotel once. Ever since then, I haven't been able to connect via MyWi (although regular infrastructure networks are fine).

I'm tried updated the drivers for my wireless card as well as installing the Intel based tools instead of using the built in Windows config. Nothing is working.

I've tried uninstalling my wireless network card, but that doesn't help either.

I'm hoping someone has run into this issue and was able to fix it. I'm sure re-installing Win7 will work as it was working for me before, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Thoughts?

Just checking in on my post...hoping someone can help. I just re-installed Windows 7 on my laptop and it still won't connect. It's the only device that doesn't work. I can connect via Xbox, iPad, Macbook Air, E6410 running Windows 7.

When I re-installed 7, I tried connecting with default wifi driver from 2009...no luck. I then updated to the most current driver from Intel's website (from 2010) and same result.

i too am having the same problem. im able to connect over wifi using my netbook but cant on my laptop.

the laptop im using is a asus g60vx if that helps

So here's an update from me.

I just had the motherboard, daughterboard, and wifi card replaced in my E4310 and I still can't connect to MyWi from this stupid laptop. Every other device in the world can connect to my phone via MyWi...my wife's Macbook Air, my iPad, Dell E6410 running Windows 7, and a handful of other Windows 7 laptops.

I'm thinking it has to be driver related to this wifi card in the E4310.

i deleted my drivers and reinstalled still didnt work, so i updated the drivers and it started to work. what worked for me might work for you

Default MyW 4.0 ad Dell Latitude E4310
    Hello, I am new here... I read the post. I deleted my drivers, reinstalled them and upgraded them. I still cannot get it to connect. What drivers were you using? I am running Windows 7 Pro.

I forgot to come post what happened with my laptop. So, after all of these hardware changes didn't fix my problem. They sent me a different wireless card for the laptop and that resolved the problem. Not just a replacement for what I had, but a completely different model. I can't remember the model off the top of my head, but it was different than what it shipped with. Both were N radios though.

Thankyou for your help!! I appreciate it!! I will call Dell tomorrow

If it is not too much trouble, would you mind looking under device manager, under network adapters and see what you have so I can compare and see if I am missing a driver?

If it is not too much trouble, would you mind looking under device manager, under network adapters and see what you have so I can compare and see if I am missing a driver?
    Last edited by jondavidj; 2011-02-06 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have Intel 5100AGN does that mean that my wifi connection will never work? Is there a way I can update or change with out paying?

problem resolved after downloading intel's utility

Intel® Driver Update Utility for Intel® wireless adapters - Check for the latest driver
    Last edited by oohansel; 2011-03-10 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost