Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 + MyWi 4 crashes

Default 4.1 + MyWi 4 crashes
    MyWi at this point is complete non functional. 4.0 worked barely on 3.1.2. I had to restart the phone after using MyWi but at least I could get a hot spot. Now, if I start MyWi, it reboots the phone when I try to start the hot spot.

Based upon the behavior and the "tech support" suggestion for restore the device and reinstall...which is a VERY poor option. I would say you have a struct data member not properly aligned. I.E. a short* is not aligned on a short boundary or a long* is not aligned on a dword boundary. So the behavior appears random depending on where the memory is allocated for your structure. Reinstalling the app may change the dynamics of where the memory is lining up.

Fix it please.

My MyWi doesn't work at all. Of course, it doesn't crash my phone, which is a plus, I guess.

I have a 3G running 4.1 jb via pwanage and every time I initialize wifi my phone flashes white and reboots I have tried to reinstall software but no luck. It worked fine when I used it on 3.1.2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I've had mywi on 3 devices using multiple firmwares and never had an issue. Most problems arise from people restoring from back-up, other mobile-substrate apps conflicting in some way, or using a pirate version of the app. There's nothing to fix if you do everything correctly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^ I agree with above... no problems here either.

I completely DISagree with Above. I have been a long time Mywi user with no issues. Mywi on 4.0 worked fine on my iphone 4. I upgraded to 4.1 many wifi issues. To insure it was not related to restore or old libs
    I did a complete restore to base 4.1 jailbroke with Limera1n and only installed Cydia and Mywi NOTHING ELSE. Mywi over wifi did not work. mywi usb tethering works if I reboot after starting.

There are serious problems with Mywi on 4.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^^^ Ok than, I call upon all who use this app, lets see some statistics here.

I don't have a problem with it. It works flawlessly.

I started having problems for the first time when I upgraded to 4.1, ever since the usb tethering has given me problems.

Unhappy MyWi-
    I have Iphone 4, with 4.1 and the latest jailbreak, which worked fine. MyWi says it's connected, but it doesn't connect. I don't seem to have any wireless w my IPhone at all now, unless I'm already in a wireless hotspot. It's annoying. I'd hoped that I'd be able to have internet no matter where I was, on my phone, but it's not happening for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I've had mywi on 3 devices using multiple firmwares and never had an issue. Most problems arise from people restoring from back-up, other mobile-substrate apps conflicting in some way, or using a pirate version of the app. There's nothing to fix if you do everything correctly.
    So tell me how I do Everything correctly? I jail broke using a pristine 4.1.

1) I used Pwnage.
    2) It installed Cydia.
    3) From Cydia, I install MyWi.
    4) It doesn't work.

At which step did I go wrong? There are no apps on this phone except for the ones that come with the phone.

Can you imagine if I went to the Apple store and bought an app, and Apple's response was, I didn't install it right?

As a software engineer who has been doing this for 25 years, I have already indicated what I suspect to be the problem. The symptoms are that of an app that is trying to access a memory pointer on an unnatural memory boundary. Attempting to turn on WiFi instantly sends my phone back to the Apple boot screen. Other things that do that are trying to access a invalid memory location.

M

Quote Originally Posted by SandraKSS View Post
    I have Iphone 4, with 4.1 and the latest jailbreak, which worked fine. MyWi says it's connected, but it doesn't connect. I don't seem to have any wireless w my IPhone at all now, unless I'm already in a wireless hotspot. It's annoying. I'd hoped that I'd be able to have internet no matter where I was, on my phone, but it's not happening for me.
    This is the behavior that I got the first time. I reinstalled from scratch only to have it crash when trying to activate WiFi.
    Last edited by msimpson; 2010-10-29 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I have never had an issue with MyWi on 3.1.2 work perfect 4.0 no issues at all as soon as i upgrade to 4.1 boom phone crashed every time. I have paid for the app it is not a pirated version. I believe it is something in mywy

Quote Originally Posted by scrapen View Post
    I have never had an issue with MyWi on 3.1.2 work perfect 4.0 no issues at all as soon as i upgrade to 4.1 boom phone crashed every time. I have paid for the app it is not a pirated version. I believe it is something in mywy
    You know what I don't believe it is just mywi. I bought tetherme and it does the same thing. I believe it has something to do with the iPhone 3g and tethering. Anyone have an update on this? Ive restored and jailbroken about 6 times. trying several things to get it to work and nothing.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Focustom View Post
    You know what I don't believe it is just mywi. I bought tetherme and it does the same thing. I believe it has something to do with the iPhone 3g and tethering. Anyone have an update on this? Ive restored and jailbroken about 6 times. trying several things to get it to work and nothing.

Tom
    That may be the case. MyWi worked somewhat under 3.1.2. I was forced to reboot the phone before I could make the connection. The upgrade to 4.1 completely broke it.

Default Any response from Intelliborn???????
    Many people having issues with Mywi on 4.1,including issues on completly clean (mywi only) installs.

Why is their no response from Intelliborn?
    Do they recognize there are problems?
    Are they doing anything to fix them?

Default A possible fix
    I to am on the "clean jailbreak in 4.1 with just MyWi 4 installed" boat.

There seems to be a fix on macrumors site that involves jailbreaking with redsnow instead of pwnage. This does explain how MyWi 4, Use to work on my redsnow'd iPhone 3G on 4.1.

"If redsnow worked, why use pwnage?"

Well at the time i used redsnow it was in beta. So that when latest pawnage came out, i figure why not rejIlbreak using latest tools.

I'm not sure if it's Intelliborn's fault or the iPhone dev team's fault that MyWi 4 does not work when an iPhone 3G is jail broken 4.1 with pwnage. (but works fine with redsnow)

Add me to the list
    Factory unlocked iphone 3g
    jailbroke with pwnage tool to iOS 4.1
    mywi causes a reboot when I activate wifi tethering.
    restore and Re-jailbreak with redsn0w? Downgrade to 3.1.2? Downgrade to 4.0.1?
    Wait patiently for a fix?

Ihave a verified fix to get MyWi 4 working on ios 4.

-Rejailbreak with redsn0w.

If your iPhone has been restored with a pwnage'd ios4.1 firmware, you'll have to restore to an official ios 4.1, then jailbreak with the latest beta of redsn0w (beta 2)

I tried just reapplying redsn0w jailbreak on top of the pwnage jailbreak, and that didn't work.

I'm somewhat saddened to think that the iPhone dev team may missed something with the pwnage tool.

msimpson: I agree with your alignment symptoms There was an issue on 4.1 on hooking a function. It's now fixed and in beta testing (feel free to test by adding source http://intelliborn.com/beta4.
    Gentleman k: Regarding Pwnage tool - a few others noted this issue - checking into it now.

Also: I saw an issue with Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 and b2 and MobileSubstrate on a 3G iPhone running 4.1 last night. Passed along to Dev Team and saurik. If you install MobileSubstrate - you might (likely) have issues starting your phone (SpringBoard) on a 3G running 4.1 with Redsn0w (just an FYI).

PS: Sorry on the slow response - was away on vacation
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

Toneus (2010-11-02)

Installed beta version still same issue,reboots when turned on. Will try to reinstall after I rejb with nothing installed

I installed the beta of Mywi and it does fix the problem with not being able to connect to my home wifi after using the program, however after using Mywi I am still unable to access the internet using 3G. I have to reboot my phone to make that to work. I hope that the finished product will fix this issue. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast