Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 + MyWi 4 crashes

USB tethering still not working for me with latest MyWi beta 4.9.1 version. "limited connectivity" ip error on my computer which is the same issue I've been getting since upgrading about a week ago. I'm really tired of this issue and need to get it resolved asap for I have no more patience to keep fiddling with this.

FYI: I can verify what Gentleman K has posted. I restored 4.1 and re-jailbroke with redsnow. MyWi wifi tethering is now working.

Of note, Attempting USB tethering on my 3g running a pwnage jailbreak of 4.1 actually resulted in the phone restarting and unable to reboot, necessitating the above mentioned restore. I would not install the current version of mywi on a 4.1 device jailbroken with pwnage tool.

Brr: Can you send me a syslog via MyWi -> Help and Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text. If you have issues sending a syslog, install mywi 4.9.2 (fixes dependency on "tail").

Wolfdog: Can you reboot your 3G, and then list the exact steps you go through to recreate the problem? (I can't recreate it on a freshly redsn0w jb on 3G with 4.1 - although i had to remove MobileSubstrate manually via ssh for /System/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.iapd.plist which I've noted to MuscleNerd and saurik as a major issue).

603: Be careful which jailbreak you use it seems
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

But here's the thing, the tethering from Tetherme doesn't work either on 4.1 3G. It has something to do with pwnagetool and tethering. Not just mywi

Pwnage + 4.1 + 3G + MyWi 4.0 seems like a very volatile mix. Still troubleshooting but i would stay away for now.(Will update tomorrow)
    Last edited by skeels; 2010-11-03 at 06:29 PM.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Tried pwnage did not work, used redsn0w and mywi is working, Have not tried to tether option because with pwnage it would endlessly reboot and my wife is going to shoot me if I screw with my phone for another evening

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Brr: Can you send me a syslog via MyWi -> Help and Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text. If you have issues sending a syslog, install mywi 4.9.2 (fixes dependency on "tail").

Wolfdog: Can you reboot your 3G, and then list the exact steps you go through to recreate the problem? (I can't recreate it on a freshly redsn0w jb on 3G with 4.1 - although i had to remove MobileSubstrate manually via ssh for /System/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.iapd.plist which I've noted to MuscleNerd and saurik as a major issue).

603: Be careful which jailbreak you use it seems
    Ok. Upgraded to 4.9.2 now and still same issue: "Local Area Connection...This connection has limited or no connectivity..."

It acts as if plug and play? is trying to instal then the above shows up whereas before it would just connect if you get what I mean.

Sending log now.

Ok. The 4.92 update fixed my issue.
    Thanks for the update!

Brr: Please try 4.9.3 and report back. Thanks (I think it's fixed now - )!

4.9.3 upgrade has broken MYWI on my iPhone 3G it does even broadcast anymore. Am I the only one who has this problem? 4.9.2 fixed all my issues. I should not have upgraded. Everytime it's working and I upgrade the upgrade breaks MYWI. MYWI won't start and it disables all my data connections and I have to reboot to restore these connections. Please rerelease 4.9.2 so I can use the program. I have a novel idea. Release a version for the 3G, one for the 3GS, and one for the 4. It's seems that when you fix an issue for one version, it breaks it for another. HELP

wolfdog552: Try rebooting and send a syslog with MMI 4.9.3 in subject. Also, can you post here what steps you are doing (I am on 4.1 3G with Redsn0w and it's working great both USB and WiFi). I
    1) Open MyWi
    2) Press "WiFi Tethering" switching it to on
    3) I notice a blue bar at the top saying "MyWi - (Down 10kb Up: 2kb)
    4) I can connect via OSX 10.6 MBA, obtain IP, and surf the internet

5) Turned off WiFi Tethering in MyWi
    6) Said cleaning up and blue bar went away
    7) Turned on USB tethering and plugged in my iPhone via USB
    8) Blue bar showed up at top with "Internet Tethering"
    9) I waited about 5 seconds.. waited for the iPhone to finish syncing with iTunes and on my MBA under System Preferences -> Network it said the iPhone USB was connected with an ip address of 192.168.21.2.
    10) Couldn't surf - my MBA was still connected to the WiFi network that no longer existed - so I shut down my Airport on my MBA and my MBA began using my USB connection via MyWi USB to iPhone.

Repeated this several times - worked great.

Ok, so I got MyWi installed on my iphone finally, and now it says this error:
    " MyWi has detected an error with your jailbreak (Discovered with Pwnage Tool 4.1.2 on 3G on iOS 4.1). Please rejailbreak with Redsn0w (you can do that on top of this pwnd custom firmware and keep your unlock.) MyWi willnow exit as it can not rununtilthis has been corrected."

And from what I have understood, I just download Redsn0w (any version?) and jailbreak my phone like im doing a full restore? and have to put it into DFU mode and what not... this is all confusing to me.. cause i dont want to go through the process of having to reinstall my custom firmware... any ideas? or can someone provide me some steps on what i Exactly have to do to get this to work? or is there any alternatives to MyWi? Thanks for everyones help

Iphone 3G, iOS 4.1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12