Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some MyWi glitches

Default Some MyWi glitches
    I have been experiencing two major glitches on my 3g loaded with 4.1 red snow jailbreak.

I have multi tasking and wallpapers loaded

I have the issue with wifi not working after using mywi occasionally. Sometimes this takes multiple re boots to fix. Is there going to be an update for this any time soon?

Secondly and I know this is due to Mywi because I ran my phone fine for a week without the app just to test it and the minute after a mywi install it started doing this again.
    My settings app (the apple one not SBSettings) crashes and causes me to have to reboot.
    I will hit settings to change from edge to 3g or vis versa but all the phone does is open a grey backdrop then dump me back to the home screen.
    I always close unneeded background apps which is usually my XM but it doesnt help.

Is there any way to fix these issues or does anyone know if there are patches coming out?

thanks all. I would hate to have to dump mywi since its the ONLY app i ever purchsed from any store lol.

Default Same problem
    I have had the exact same problems with the same specs...

I have emailed intellborn last week and they said they were looking into it. I have found that 4.6 worked fine. Something happened with 4.7+

i dont remember the version i had before this but i was running 3.1.3 and it woked like a gem +/- here or there. Went to 4.0 and lost my jailbreak (actually my phone broke 3 days before my warranty ended and they gave me a replacement with 4.0 and i hated it enough to write a "hate you" email to Jobs.

Got my 4.1 jailbreak and phone runs better but mywi destroys it. I really use it alot for when im at work and so my girl who uses my old 2g with no data plan to web surf in the car so she doesnt god damn talk to me........... CMON INTELLIBORN for all of us who HATE to have to talk to our girlfreinds PLEASE work these bugs out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll add my name to the list same problem and I know for a fact it is MyWi because I installed it today and I am having all sorts of problems with trying to connect with my wifi and apps such as pandora and iheart etc. etc. this is real lame.

I have been a long time Mywi user and love it. For My iphone 4.0 usb tethering worked fine but wifi hotspot stopped working. no device could even see the wifi network tried changing names, wep on and off, nothing. Figured I would wait to upgrade to 4.1 and thought that would fix it.

Upgraded to 4.1 The latest version of Mywi is even flakier. to get usb tethering to work I have to reboot the Iphone. No wifi hotspot visible for wifi tethering. at one point with wifi tethering turned off and wifi turned on. The iphone mywi showed 7 connected devices and the battery was draining fast. I am uninstalling until another version is released.

Ive downloaded SBSettings now to change my settings when Mywi causes my phone to bug out and my settings app to crash.

I downloaded the latest mywi update that showed up on cydia but dont know what it fixed since its still doing the same thing.

Should i restore and download the latest version of mywi clean?

I'd say this is more than a glitch.

Another paid user experiencing these pains here.

This is a big bummer. Starting a cross country drive Thursday, iPad will be offline without a working MyWi.

Is there any update on a resolution?

Toneus

Default Intelliborn webiste
    Hello,

Perhaps if more complain, a fix can come faster...Here is the website to contact Intelliborn...

About Intelliborn

Yes, more would help. I sent them a problem description and vitals this morning.

I looked for a contact method dedicated Support issues, but could not find one so I used the Contact Us link. Received a confirmation, but no reply yet. Will report how it goes.

Cheers!

just sent email. don't want to sound ungrateful for the app because it is great and bugs are always possible in a scenario like this, but would just like to know if the glitches are acknowledged and being worked on.

ditto....the frustration is growing and growing and yes, ive emailed intelliborn and i get replies weeks later......pointless.

Can everyone post what model they have? This seems to be an issue on 3G and iOS 4.1 but i would like to verify.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Default Version
    Hello,

I have iPhone 3G, iOS 4, and the latest version of MyWi(4.8.3). I noticed this problem for the version that are post 4.6

Thanks.

Yes Joe, I too am having problems on a 3G, iOS4 configuration.

The following are the results of my testing today. This is a copy of the correspondence that I am having with Intelliborn.

I believe the problem to be that the MyWi network does NOT get cleaned up, and will even restart after a reboot and run in parallel with regular Wifi. Even though the app outputs a message that it is cleaning up the Network, it doesn't really get shut down at all.

Last night I Re Jail-broke my phone and did not Sync to restore settings and accounts. I wanted as clean of a device as I could get for testing.

The following are step by step notes of my testing just now. I know the descriptions might be overkill, but I wanted to try and isolate the problem.

Starting Up

1. Re-installed MyWi 4.0 ( about an hour before )
    2. Powered off our Home DSL Modem / Wifi Router
    3. iPhone show Wifi Not Connected.
    4. Home Screen - 5 Bars AT&T 3G connection
    5. Safari loads web pages over 3G as expected
    6. iPad (Wifi only version) network not connected.
    7. Start MyWi - Get message a Reboot required.
    8. Reboot iPhone
    9. Upon restart, Safari loads web pages as expected.
    10. Start MyWi - WEP is turned off Network name Tonys MyWi
    11. Turn on Wifi Tethering using Slider
    12. Status: MyWi Broadcasting Tonys MyWi
    13. iPad sees the network, I manually select it.
    14. iPad able to browse webpages and email
    15. MyWi Tethering Bar shows Data Down and Up stats as expected
    16. Tethering Bar shows status on Home screen ok
    17. iPhone Settings Network Address 169.254.243.29 Gateway 255.255.0.0 (I believe this is expected)

Shutting down

1. Open MyWi
    2. Turn off WiFi Tethering using slider (see attachment)
    3. MyWi Status: Stopping MyWi (see attachment)
    4. MyWi Status: WiFi Status: Off (see attachment)
    5. iPhone Home screen shows AT&T 3G no Wifi
    6. Safari fails to load Yahoo bookmark. Email doesn't update, and App Store just shows Loading

At this point I believe the network is trashed. The next several steps indicate that the MyWi network is still broadcasting.

1. iPad still shows TonysMyWi in Settings Wi-Fi.
    2. Turn on Home Wifi Network
    3. Manually switch iPad back to Home Network
    4. iPhone seems to recover and can use home network and 3G
    5. MyWi still off
    6. iPad Reboot still lists Tonys MyWi as broadcasting with 100% signal
    7. MyWi Tethering Slider shows Off. Turning On does nothing in app.
    8. iPhone unable to join Home Network
    9. Email refreshes, Safari browses, and App Store works.
    10. iPhone reboot
    11. iPad Tony MyWi network gone during reboot
    12. iPhone connects to home network
    13. MyWi network pops up on iPad.

At this point I believe that MyWi is still broadcasting, the iPhone is connected to my home wifi, and my iPad can see them both.

I expect that the MyWi network was saved in memory and the reboot simply started it back up after.

How can I turn off the MyWi network as it continues to burn battery and is non functional?

Toneus: Thanks for the details - looking into this . Again this seems to be an issue with 3G only + 4.x (can anyone verify this on 4.0?). We will fix it asap.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

The problems are on iOS 4.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Toneus: Thanks for the details - looking into this . Again this seems to be an issue with 3G only + 4.x (can anyone verify this on 4.0?). We will fix it asap.
    I have an iPhone 4.....4.1. many issues.

I just want to add that I am experienceing exactly the same issues as Toneus, following the same steps.

I too have an iPhone 3G, running OS 4.1, although I experienced this with 4.0.1 too.

Phone has been rejailbroken to reinstall 4.1 recently, and showed exactly the same issues again.

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Can everyone post what model they have? This seems to be an issue on 3G and iOS 4.1 but i would like to verify.
    3gs; 3.1.3; new bootrom; jb with spirit; latest version of mywi. I have downloaded only barebones programs (some games, some photography, facebook, etc..no winterboard no organizers--really basic). Wifi basically works for me. Only problems/complaints: iPhone gets hot, so now I keep it cool; mywi disconnects when iPhone is unplugged--now I keep it plugged in always (with my business I cannot afford an interruption); when activating mywi, it automatically turns on my wifi feature (I normally keep it off to preserve battery power). So, when I am done with mywi, I have to remember to turn off the wifi feature. The only reason I JB'd was to get mywi--it has been a lifesaver as a backup to my primary DSL. Perhaps problems with mywi stem from the upgraded iOS, JB's themselves, and the tons of apps people have on their phones. Interestingly, I didn't add anything to the phone until it was JB first and mywi was added. Then I added the rest of the apps.

how many others aside the wifi issue are getting the settings.app crashing on them too? this is my only JB app aside sbsettings (which i installed because of this issue), ans i recently JB another kids exact phone the same exact way except for mywi and his has been running fine.

just uninstalled an i will see if issues stop, but i am figuring i would have to clean install since the damage is done ATP. Will keep everyone updated.

one thing i noticed too was my phone was running okay for a few days. I turned back on "ask to join networks" and then my wifi locked out on me again.

thinking this is a 4.1 + MyWi + RedSnow = issues. not JUST MyWi alone.
    Last edited by TEvil; 2010-10-20 at 04:35 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast