Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 + MiWi 4.0 = No USB Tether

Default 4.1 + MiWi 4.0 = No USB Tether
    Everyone:
    I was a happy MiWi 4.0 user until updating to 4.1 and using Limera1n beta 4 last night. My licenced copy of of MiWi stopped tethering via USB. DHCP appears to be broken, as an Apple Ethernet Device is found, but the default '169' IP address is eventually assigned and no network connectivity is evident.

WiFi works perfectly, so it's not a total loss, but WEP is so unsecure, that I'd rather use the cable...

I have tried: uninstalling/reinstalling the app, after reboots of the iPhone, changed the IP range under Advanced USB, tried on several different computers running OSX, XP and Windows 7. All exibit the same behavior. I've tried starting it with iTunes 10.1 running, and not. Always the same result.

Any other suggestions? BTW, I'm only posting this since others report no problems after upgrading, and I've run out of tricks...

Regards
    Last edited by sysmgr2; 2010-10-11 at 06:23 PM.

Default limera1n + ios4.1 + mywi4.0 = wifi tethering only (no USB)
    Yes, I have the same problem.

Wonderful! At least we're all in the same boat, and it's a systemic v. 4.1 issue! I have no difficulty waiting for a fix- I'm sure, like the one for My3G, it will be along shortly...

Thanks for helping me prove to myself that I'm not crazy!

I am also having this issue.

Hopefully they'll come out with an update soon. In the mean time I'll use the wifi tether.

I am still a 3.1.2 jailbreak. I'm going to try limera1n. will I have to re-purchase miwi??

Anyway to back up my CYDIA apps?

Thanks!

Ya exactly the same problem. Also i'm running into the problem with my licensing, I had a 3g w/ mywi 4.0 then i bought the 4g and it came with 4.0.2 so i couldn't tether.So i waited for a JB. But when it finally came yesterday , i got f*cked cause cydia bought rock and rock has my license. I emailed my order and history to marco from intelliborn and no response. So i have a non working app i payed 20$ and no way to get a hold of anyone for a fix. However if your as disatisfied as I am feel free to call him @ (719) 695-4615 don't beleive me check the website yourself About Intelliborn look at the bottom for the number. Also may be venturing for a lawsuit if my sh*t isn't fixed in a couple months. If your on board you can email me @ braefriedman@gmail.com

well not according to mywi's website (@the bland), however many are finding this to be false and are having to repurchase the app or stay in limbo till cydia gets their sh*t together.
    Last edited by octechx; 2010-10-12 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sorry to hear that.

I just bought bought my miwi app through the CYDIA Store a week ago. Am I OK??

Thanks!
    Last edited by thebland; 2010-10-12 at 01:03 AM.

My license transferred fine to cydia. The only problem I have is USB tethering when I updated to 4.1 and rejailbroke with limera1n.

I would use wifi but it is not working either. I try to turn it on and it turns itself off.

Glad I'm not the only one. This is frustrating. Hope they can fix this soon.

Default Get a grip, mywi is a bargain.
    Quote Originally Posted by octechx View Post
    Ya exactly the same problem. Also i'm running into the problem with my licensing, <rant removed>
    Take a breath, get a grip. Your rants are not helpful or productive. The good cydia folk are doing their level best, they'll probably get it straight if you give them time. If you can't stand to wait, then even if you have to pay again for mywi it is still a bargain.

I expect your cydia license will be fine. My licenses transferred without problem from Rock to Cydia, in spite of the fact that I upgraded from iOS3.1.3 to iOS4.1.
    Last edited by jcyph3r; 2010-10-13 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New update on Cydia seems to be better i think, anyone confirm their findings?
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

No joy for me. Updated a few minutes ago, and still no worky through USB.

Not working for me either.

i still don't have a "transfer purchases option" in cydia that i can find, seem if you have the same iphone your good, But it you bought a new one your screwed. Is there somewhere to put your old rock id and get your purchases. Because this is just making me want to use the cracked versions. Buying and app then not be able to use it it making me not want to buy apps anymore.

Not that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by octechx View Post
    i still don't have a "transfer purchases option" in Cydia that i can find, seem if you have the same iphone your good, But it you bought a new one your screwed. Is there somewhere to put your old rock id and get your purchases. Because this is just making me want to use the cracked versions. Buying and app then not be able to use it it making me not want to buy apps anymore.

Default 4.8.1 USB Tethering Still No Joy
    I updated my licensed copy of MyWi 4.0 to v.4.8.1, but I still cannot tether via USB. Apple Ethernet Device is recognized, but the adapter still reverts to the 'default' 169.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address. I've reset the phone, reset and applied the settings-

Anyone else having the same issues after upgrading?

Conversely, has the updated fixed your USB tethering issue?

Just trying to figure 'next steps'...

Thanks!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast