Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 + MiWi 4.0 = No USB Tether

Quote Originally Posted by gsuaaron View Post
    d/l to the computer and ssh or diskaid
    were/what folder do i ssh it to?

I done this How To Install / Uninstall .deb File on iPhone | iPhone by using method 2, but I used diskaid instead. I made the cydia/autoinstall folder and put the file in there and rebooted phone...wahhh laaaaahh..worked

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default possible cure or fluke?
    Hi, iphone4 (iOS4.1) USB tethering on WiFi with a windows XP PC was not working (USB 3G tethering was OK).
    I looked in the device manager at my network adapters and found a
    Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter with a yellow cross on it. I don't remember seeing this before and it would not update or uninstall. Doing a google search pointed me to uninstall the
    Microsoft TCP/IP version 6 network protocol which was found listed in the network adapter's properties. (Internet Protocol TCP/IP was not removed)
    After a reboot the Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter had gone and usb tethering over wifi worked

posted this incase it might help someone else, regards

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2010-11-06)

MyWi 4.8.3 is buggy as hell with USB tethering. I'd say about 1 out of 10 tries my computer would connect with USB. I really didn't see any pattern to explain it though. I never have iTunes running so it's not that (it is installed though).

I rolled back to 4.8.1 and I haven't had a problem since.

Ok guys here is the fix basically searched the internet last 24 hours.. I tried unistalling/reinstalling, etc. If you have intel wireless card windows 7 and 64bit you need to install drivers for the Intel wireless 13.1.1.1 those are the only ones that will work with mywi 4.0 any version (4.83 does work and is the best version of mywi) trust me I tried everyone and literally just got it working 5 minutes ago. If this helps your welcome if not sorry :/
    I really can't imagine why updating my Intel wireless drivers would effect my iPhone connected via USB tethering??? When I use USB tethering my computer & iPhone's wi-fi is either not connected/no-signal or intentionally disabled.

MyWi 4.8.1
    Device + Firmware: iPhone 3Gs, iOS 4.0.1
    Computer OS: Win7 Home (64-bit)
    iTunes 10.0.1.22
    Last edited by bosnoval; 2010-10-30 at 05:55 PM.

I have it working somewhat. First I uninstalled mywi, rebooted the iPhone. Then I downloaded mywi 4.8.3 from the link in this thread and placed it in cydia autoinstall folder. Rebooted the phone and then I clicked on mywi and it told me I had to reboot again. Did that, connected the iPhone to the laptop and it worked almost instantly, like it use to before 4.1. Here is the kicker, when I disconnect and try to connect again i get the no Internet access (no ip). What I did was reboot the iPhone and the laptop and reconnect and it works again. I have to reboot everything when I want to tether again.

I too had the problem of not being able to usb tethering. Until I went in and looked at my AVG firewall. I changed it to *directly connected to internet* and now I can use the USB Tethering with no problems. So to all - check your firewall settings - it maybe the problem and not MyWi!

Please try 4.9.3 and report back. Thanks (I think it's fixed now - )! You can do so by adding source intelliborn.com/beta4 within Cydia (should be released on Cydia in next couple of days). Please report back success!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Please try 4.9.3 and report back. Thanks (I think it's fixed now - )! You can do so by adding source intelliborn.com/beta4 within Cydia (should be released on Cydia in next couple of days). Please report back success!
    Working quite well for me with both operating systems on my computer. Will post with any new developments should they occur. I've tried WiFi and USB tethering, both seem to be working wonderfully.

Just FYI on the systems i tested the new MyWi On:

iPhone 4, iOS 4.1, BB 02.10.04, MyWi 4.9.3 installed from intelliborn.com/beta4 repo

Dell inspiron 17R (n7010)
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with McAfee Security Software
    Mac OS X 10.6.4 (thanks to iBoot & Hackint0sh)
    Fully updated iTunes on both Operating Systems.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tlyons1022 For This Useful Post:

skeels (2010-11-05)

Works well for me with new version 4.9.3

My config :
    iPhone 4 - iOS 4.1 - Limera1n - BB 02.10.04
    Windows XP Pro - iTunes 9.2.1.5

With the version 4.8.3, I had the same problem as everybody (limited connection, can't find an IP address when connecting via USB).

Thanks again !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fabien1506 For This Useful Post:

skeels (2010-11-05)

4.9.2 worked for me. 4.9.3 and 4.9.4 do not work. MYWI will not start and it disables my data connection. I have to reboot to make the data connection work. I have a 3G phone

Wolfdog et al: Please try 4.9.5 and report back. Thanks!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Tried on 3g phone same results
    tries to turn on, then shuts down wifi and have to reboot to connect to wifi and remove mywi
    thanks for the updates thou, one is going to work one of these times

Quote Originally Posted by TristianLyons1022 View Post
    Working quite well for me with both operating systems on my computer. Will post with any new developments should they occur. I've tried WiFi and USB tethering, both seem to be working wonderfully.

Just FYI on the systems i tested the new MyWi On:

iPhone 4, iOS 4.1, BB 02.10.04, pois0ned, MyWi 4.9.3 installed from intelliborn.com/beta4 repo

Dell inspiron 17R (n7010)
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with McAfee Security Software
    Mac OS X 10.6.4 (thanks to iBoot & Hackint0sh)
    Fully updated iTunes on both Operating Systems.
    Just an update:
    I pushed my phone up to MyWi 4.9.5, and at first it didnt work whatsoever. After a Reboot & Network Settings Reset, everything is now working perfectly, so maybe everyone give this a try.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tlyons1022 For This Useful Post:

skeels (2010-11-06)

603Doug: Can you send a syslog and put 603Doug in the subject?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

Brr (2010-11-06)

Having some serious problems here. Running iOS 4.0.1 with MyWi 4.9.5. WiFi tether will not enable (thinks for awhile and then just goes back to off switch). When I enable USB tether Windows 7 reports No Internet connection and if I go into safari it will not load any pages. Have tried uninstall and reinstall, reboots, you name it... no luck.

Anyone having issues - can you confirm you are on IPv4 on your most recent WiFi network (i've noticed the last two logs had IPv6). Also - please retry 4.9.6

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Anyone having issues - can you confirm you are on IPv4 on your most recent WiFi network (i've noticed the last two logs had IPv6). Also - please retry 4.9.6
    How can I verify this?

Guys where do i get Mywi 4.9.5? I bought MyWi 4.0 from Cydia and i dont know where the version 4.9.5 is. Please help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sru20 View Post
    Guys where do i get Mywi 4.9.5? I bought MyWi 4.0 from Cydia and i dont know where the version 4.9.5 is. Please help!

Thanks
    In cydia, go to manage>sources>edit>add and add http://intelliborn.com/beta4/ then in cydia just go to changes and do the upgrade.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast