Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 + MiWi 4.0 = No USB Tether

Same problem. Update did not fix issue.

Ditto with 4.8.1. I'm not whining because I upgraded to 4.1 without checking around. Looking forward to a solution.

Agreed- No whines here... Just comparing notes and letting the developer know I still have issues. WiFi tethering still works, so at least I have a workaround.

I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I sent an email earlier this morning but haven't heard back yet. I hope this gets resolved soon. I am unable to use WiFi at my job due to PCI compliance. I grabbed TetherMe for the time being. Intelliborn is pretty good at resolving issues pretty quickly so hopefully within the next few days.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

TetherMe is on the BigBoss repo. Enables the native tether option under Settings > General > Network > Internet Tethering. Both USB and Bluetooth works. I think it was $5. Nothing beats MyWi's wifi ability though.

both are not working for me neither the wifi option nor the USB any help ??

Default mywi update does not help
    I tested the mywi update, still no usb tethering for me. However, it might be my fault. In the interim I had gone to the native iphone 4.1 settings for usb tethering, where I saw the slider for activating usb tethering. That was of course interesting to me...so I slid it and the slider disappeared, with a popup basically saying "please contact AT&T to enable this"...which of course requires paying more money (>$20/mo) for less service (transfer capped) and extending my contract (another 2 years).

Thanks

Same problem for me as well. USB tethering not working, wifi tethering is on 4.8.1. I contacted intelliborn on Twitter but have heard nothing back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jcyph3r View Post
    I tested the mywi update, still no usb tethering for me. However, it might be my fault. In the interim I had gone to the native iphone 4.1 settings for usb tethering, where I saw the slider for activating usb tethering. That was of course interesting to me...so I slid it and the slider disappeared, with a popup basically saying "please contact AT&T to enable this"...which of course requires paying more money (>$20/mo) for less service (transfer capped) and extending my contract (another 2 years).
    Nope. Not your fault.

Can folks post what kind of iphone they have? (iphone 4 vs 3gs vs 3G) Thanks!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Can folks post what kind of iphone they have? (iphone 4 vs 3gs vs 3G) Thanks!
    iPhone 4 on 4.1

I am on iphone 4 4.1 FW JB via Limerain and yes I have the same problem with USB

Thanks I hope the fix is coming soon
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Can anyone add intelliborn.com/beta4 and install 4.8.2 and see if it works? (please report back)
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

trying now will report back in a bit
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

After reinstalling the app i got my WIFI tethering working but USB is still not working I have iphone 4 - 4.1 Limerain jailbreak

oh sorry - please reboot! (i just put up 4.8.3 that forces a reboot)
    Last edited by skeels; 2010-10-15 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    oh sorry - please reboot! (i just put up 4.8.3 that forces a reboot)
    Added the source then Cydia told me I had an update for MyWi. When I tried to update I got a "404 NOT FOUND" error.

iPhone 4 w/ 4.1 FW jailbroken with limera1n

USB tethering not working today, though it was working fine last night. When I try now, my computer hangs at "Acquiring network address..." then changes to "Limited or no connectivity"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast