Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi 4 on iPhone 3G 4.01 - won't shutdown

Default MyWi 4 on iPhone 3G 4.01 - won't shutdown
    When I turn off WiFi Tethering the MyWi icon is removed from the status bar however other devices still see my device as broadcasting the ssid. Even if I switch to flight mode the ssid is till visible to other devices.

If I try to connect from my laptop it doesn't connect, but I am thinking if the ssid is still broadcasting then this may be causing my battery to drain.

The only way to stop this seems to be rebooting the phone. Has anyone else had this problem?

Are you using Windows? Windows (at least XP) likes to rebroadcast adhoc networks forever. You have to remove it under Wireless Properties/Preferred Networks.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

I've had the same problem. (I work with a lot of iPod touches and macs.. No XP)
    I always reboot my phone after using mywi as a precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Are you using Windows? Windows (at least XP) likes to rebroadcast adhoc networks forever. You have to remove it under Wireless Properties/Preferred Networks.
    Actually just using it to tether iPad > iPhone. I think you are right re the adhoc network tho, if i turn wifi off on both devices it seems to clear this issue. Hopefully there will be an infrastructure network option down the track.