Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: USB Tethering keeps dropping connection

Default USB Tethering keeps dropping connection
    I installed the trial version of MyWi last Thursday, and used it without issue Thursday and Friday. I purchased the full app Saturday, along with My3G, but didn't get a chance to use it again until Monday morning. I have only used it for the USB tethering so far.

When I tried to use it yesterday and today, I can get it to connect, but within 1 to 30 minutes the connection will drop completely. When it disconnects, MyWi still shows the connection as an active user, but no data reaches the computer and it can no longer ping the MyWi default gateway.

I have determined that it is not the iPhone data connection that is dropping - when the connection drops the iPhone can still access the Internet. Occasionally the connection will come back within a minute or two, but more often it stays offline and I have to reboot the computer system to get it to reconnect.

Steps I've tried to resolve the issue:
    Tried on two computer systems, one of which was a clean install of Windows XP (with microsoft patches, XPSP3, and iTunes installed)

Reset Network settings on the iPhone (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings)

Uninstalled and reinstalled MyWi

I have an iPhone 4, 4.0.1, used jailbreakme.com

Any ideas?

kingrthr3: Try removing MobileSubstrate. Then only install MyWi 4.0. If that works great, reinstall one app at a time to figure out what's causing the issue.

If not - Can you send me a syslog so I can help troubleshoot?

You can enable Syslog via RockApp -> Manage -> Settings -> Enable Syslog.
    - repeat the issue -
    Then RockApp -> Manage -> Settings -> Send dev syslog.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!