Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi USB Mode: Different SSH Password?

Default MyWi USB Mode: Different SSH Password?
    Hi there,

I recently purchased a copy of MyWi because I needed the USB Bridge Mode for connecting to my Ipad via ssh or veency (vnc-server for iOs). Since the USB-Interface is much faster this is a pretty good alternative for the unstable wlan connection.

Here's my probelm: The SSH-Login for the USB-Connection (192.168.21.6) is different to the SSH-Login for WiFi (192.168.178.23). Everytime I connected to the USB-Connection and entered with root, it prompts that the password is wrong. I allready tried "alpine" since I changed the password but it doesnt work neither. Same for veency. When I login via the Wifi-Connection my password is granted.

Does somebody know why there is a different password and where it is stored?

Cheers Tristan

So there is no one encountering the same problem. I can't believe that. Also I thought the developers would check the forum because there is no ticket system. I'm disappointed of the support since I purchased the app.

(I emailed you directly) but for fun 0 there's no way that the password is different. Your connecting to a different system.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!