Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi4 iPhone 4 No WiFi Tethering to Mac

Default MyWi4 iPhone 4 No WiFi Tethering to Mac
    I am using an iPhone 4 with iOS v4.0.1 jailbroken with the jailbreakme.com method. I have the trial version of MyWi 4. I cannot tether to my MacBook Pro and get internet connectivity. The MyWi connection appears as a device under my airport networks....connecting to it will not let me get out to the internet. This was not a problem on my 3GS with MyWi 3.X. Does anyone know what I have missed and what the problem could be?

I have removed MyWi, MyWi and Rock, etc, etc and rebooted but still no solution. Does not seem to be a problem when trying to tether and iPod touch.

Help!
    Thanks!

I should add that USB tethering DOES work for the MacBook but the WiFi tethering only is the problem.
    Last edited by mark0519; 2010-08-10 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Are you using wep? (if so disable it to test). If not, can you see if you are obtaining an IP address under Mac -> System -> Network -> WiFi
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thank you for the response. I am not using wep security. Mywi shows up as a device not as a network. When I connect, and mywi establishes a computer to computer network and does not get an IP address.

After deleting the system level folder library/preferences/system configuration and restarting, it looks like the problem is solved. Suppose it was something in the network setting that was causing the issue. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by mark0519; 2010-08-11 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Newest MyWi 4.0 absolutely SUCKS.

Wifi tethering does not even work, and they removed bluetooth function.

Thanks

I'm on mywi 4.0 now tethering.....on my iphone4.....make sure that if u do connect it USB , that you open network settings and apply the changes...also if u was doing the handy light trick before, make sure u disable socks connection.

well as the OP said i am also having issues with wifi tethering with my iphone 4 iOs 4.0.1 . I didnt have this kinda problem with my 3g and 3gs using mywi 3.x so whats the deal? even when i try to use mywi 4.0 on my win7 pc it still wont connect. mac is the same way?????wtf really guys. dropped the ball big time. USB tethering does work though. but for that i can just get PDA.net and use that for tethering. I really miss the functionality of mywi wifi tethering. so i hope their is a way to fix this and get this working with iphone 4

I have the same problem with my Macbook ! It sees my iphone 3G with MyWi as an adhoc connection ... A fix would be greatly appreciated ! (everything works fine connecting to Mywi with my ipad or another iPhone...)

I'm having the same exact problem.

Security is OFF on MyWi.

I can tether my iPad to my phone just fine... the iPad sees it as a wireless network.

But when I try to tether my MacBook, it sees the iPhone as a device / adhoc, not as a wifi network.

What's the deal with this? I paid $10 for the upgrade, and the damn thing isn't working.

Try removing MobileSubstrate. Then only install MyWi 4.0. If that works great, reinstall one app at a time to figure out what's causing the issue. (There are a couple other apps such as PDANet that can cause problems)
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

I decided to pony up the $20 for the MyWi and I connected to it fine last night with my MBP and WiFi tethering, but now today it is not recognizing my MyWi connection. It's strange how it picked it up fine last night and today it doesn't recognize it. It is however able to connect through the USB tethering.

Any solutions?

iPhone 4
    iOS 4.0.1
    jailbreakme.com jailbreak method
    MyWi 4.0