Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows 7 won't connect to MyWi Iphone 4

Default Windows 7 won't connect to MyWi Iphone 4
    Hi, everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix my problem. I start MyWi tethering via wifi and I can't get windows 7 to connect.Windows starts off by saying "connect to wifi...then...connecting to network is taking longer than usual...then...windows was unable to connect to My WiFi. Funny thing is it will connect via usb. I've tryed changing the name, wep no wep, transmit power channel etc but still no fix. If anybody could help it would be much appreciated. My Wi 4.0 and iphone4 4.0.1

also when my laptop goes to reconnect with my home network it has to reset the network adapter in order to get reconnected to the net

it was a driver problem. Updated my network adapter driver and heypresto it was working jus fine
    Last edited by huntsmen; 2010-08-06 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

exact same problem but there aren't any updates for my network adapters... I have a Dell Studio and Windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. The problem described above is 100% accurate description of what is happening with me too.

Hi did u try going to the site of your adapter? I tried doing the windows automatic update but that said I was up to date but when I went to intel(for my adapter) there was a later release

4. The Following User Says Thank You to huntsmen For This Useful Post:

Glycereine (2010-08-10)

Oh I'll check that now and post the results. will take a minute cause I need to reconnect using USB to dowload and then try.

yup there just seems to be some lag with windows thinking my driver has an update (Intel also) and when intel publishes it. Mine was published almost 6 months ago and fixed the problem.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Glycereine; 2010-08-11 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No worries glad I could help.

thanks you guys so much as this fixed my laptop i was having same issue works great now!

it's funny that the update check for drivers was that far behind. This is the first time I had that issue with a network type of driver. Before it was only with graphics that were updated really recently. Still glad to get it resolved.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^I've had similar issues with my Dell laptop, the latest was with bluetooth. Once the laptop is 6-months old (maybe less), going to the manufacturer of the specific device is usually a better option.