Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi iphone 4.0.1 Powering on, starting stopping problem

Default MyWi iphone 4.0.1 Powering on, starting stopping problem
    just jailbroke the iphone 4. I have wifi set to on. I go into the Myfi app. I turn tethering on. the status goes like this...Powering on Wifi, starting network..the name of my phone, Stopping MyWi, WiFi Status: Off, and it never the tethering dongle on the top stays off. I'd like to buy this app...but if I cant get it to work..then I guess im out of luck...is there a problem with the new jailbreak and this. I installed 4.0 MyWi and it opens up..looks okay..but keeps going thru this cycle..anyone can shed light on whats going on I'd appreciate it.

I had no idea that tethering cannot be used unless you install SBsettings. I did that, reloaded springboard, hit tethering on..and it connected and worked fine..just posting this to save you guys trouble of trying to figure it out...maybe it said that when i installed but i didnt see that initially...thanks to me...thanks for comex for the awesome jailbreakme 2.0. is was a long wait but worth it....
    Last edited by abacus01; 2010-08-02 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you don't need sbsettings. But perhaps the respring. (Or reboot) THanks for the update!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Hi I have basically the same problem i cannot get to work the wifi tethering option on mywi. I have a iPhone 4 4.0.1. It says " stopping mywi or wifi not connected". Thank you

Try removing MobileSubstrate. Then only install MyWi 4.0. If that works great, reinstall one app at a time to figure out what's causing the issue.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!