Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Purchased MyWi, cannot activate license

Default Purchased MyWi, cannot activate license
    Background info
    - I have a 3gs with iOS 4.0 jailbroken with PwnageTool 4.01
    - Last week I installed MyWi 4.0, recently updated to 4.1 (3 days trial left as of today)

As it works pretty much ok, I decided to purchase it. Did it through the rockyourphone.com web site, paid with Paypal.

After the purchase, I launched MyWi, it said 9 trial days left (instead of 3 as it did earlier today).

I opened Rock.app on the iPhone, went to "manage" tab, signed out, signed in, got a popup saying "recent license downloads require a reboot".

Rebooted, MyWi still says 9 days left, Rock.app said 0 licenses found. If I sign out / sign in I get again the popup saying I have to reboot, but the reboot has no effect.

Reinstalled MyWi to no avail (still 9 days left).

In the 'my orders' pages on rockyourphone.com, my order for a MyWi 4.0 shows up with status 'complete' but the 'purchased licenses' list is empty.

I just emailed Rock's customer support, while I wait for their answer I thought I'd ask if somebody else had similar problems with Rockyourphone's licenses and could suggest a solution.

What the heck is wrong with Rockyourphone and their broken licensing system? I never had to go through so much hassle to BUY an application (and I actually bought quite a few on many platforms).

----

Ok, got a reply from Rock's customer support, it was a problem on their side with my account. They've fixed it and after a couple more reboots all is working ok now.
    Not impressed with the licensing system, but customer support has been quick, corteous and effective.
    Last edited by xyzzy; 2010-07-07 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wouldn't be better to sign in and purchase from Rock via the iPhone rather than using your PC?