Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I can create and connect to the wifi hotspot but 'No Internet Access''

Default I can create and connect to the wifi hotspot but 'No Internet Access''
    When I try to use MyWi 4.0 on my iPhone 3G with OS4 I am able to create the hotspot and connect to the network but windows tells me 'No internet Connection' with the network and the internet doesnt work.

Any help?

I Have the same problem too.

I can see the wifi status icon on the ipad, but Safari shows this message "No internet connection"

Help please!, need some settings?

Sometimes this happen when there is no 3G signal.

Quote Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
    When I try to use MyWi 4.0 on my iPhone 3G with OS4 I am able to create the hotspot and connect to the network but windows tells me 'No internet Connection' with the network and the internet doesnt work.

same problem here

had same problem.... tried to connect my iPad to iPhone with MyWi.
    used WEP Key protection--> result: no internet connection on ipad.
    without WEP Key it works, so just a small workaround for the moment. Maybe they will fix it.

Default Solution?
    I Had the same issue today aswell. First it was that the wep-key was incorrect. The iPad was able to connect anyway. When i entered the correct key it "almost" worked.

It appears that it didn't forward the dns correctly, so i addes 8.8.8.8 as dns on the ipad (googles dns server) and voila, worked as a charm!