Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi4 cant verify data connection

Default MyWi4 cant verify data connection
    MyWi is working perfectly well on my iPhone 3G before I upgraded to iOS4. I just installed the MyWi 4 (today) and trying to test it. Its says could not activate cellular data network. (Could not verify data connection.Cycling airplane mode may fix - cycle now?) I chose Yes-Try Fix... but still the same result.. anybody got the same problem? how to fix it?

What's Jailbreak? iScream4iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

i have the same issue and no one seems to be able to give a fix for it.

I'm having the same problem. WiFi or USB, it says it cannot activate the cellular network. The reset airplane mode offer has been attempted a few times. Just doesn't work.

Hope this is fixed pronto...

Mine is okay.
    Guys - After I installed the app yesterday, I found that today they have a new patch (ver 4.0.99).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edoras View Post
    Mine is okay.
    Guys - After I installed the app yesterday, I found that today they have a new patch (ver 4.0.99).
    Is your iPhone unlock? or just JB'in. I nearly tried everything but nothing seems to work. Even after I did the stupid update I still have the same problem. I'm at te point where im going to give up because there is nothing I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by edoras View Post
    Mine is okay.
    Mine has the *99 patch and fails still. I even uninstalled, then re-installed the program. Nothing works so far.

Quote Originally Posted by skorzy@gmail.com View Post
    Mine has the *99 patch and fails still. I even uninstalled, then re-installed the program. Nothing works so far.
    Same here. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. My Wifi connection works and I can connect to the internet through wifi on the phone itself. but if I am on 3g it fails to connect to the internet at all.

I just found out that my 3G data is either too slow or not functioning at all. Its the reason why MiWi cant access 3G data. It's the ios 4 thats causing problem. (I dont have 3G data problem before I upgraded to 4.0 ) Anybody can recommend a fix?... tanx

I CAN/T TAKE IT !!! It's driving me nuts. I have the same issue and then I see all these people on the reviews saying how great it's working. Well, guess what? It doesn't work. It's nice to see I'm not the only one. Did anyone come up with a fix (besides the "airplane" fix in the app)? The ONLY reason I jailbreak is b/c of the tethering. Not to mention, when I JB my iphone with redsn0w, I lost the internet tethering option in my settings. Good luck all! If I find any solution out there, I will be happy to post here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rmriche View Post
    I CAN/T TAKE IT !!! It's driving me nuts. I have the same issue and then I see all these people on the reviews saying how great it's working. Well, guess what? It doesn't work. It's nice to see I'm not the only one. Did anyone come up with a fix (besides the "airplane" fix in the app)? The ONLY reason I jailbreak is b/c of the tethering. Not to mention, when I JB my iphone with redsn0w, I lost the internet tethering option in my settings. Good luck all! If I find any solution out there, I will be happy to post here.
    Same here...so far I havent found one fix and on top of that my mms dont and my 3G network dont work so I had to restart my phone again to get it to work. Right now my iPhone is not jailbroken until they can fix the mms, 3G network and mywi...

I will wait too. I'm UNjailbreaking os 4.0. I have to say that I am truly impressed with how fast these ihacks are responding to apples updates.

I GOT IT! I promised to post if I figured it out so here goes...
    I WILL DO MY BEST TO EXPLAIN.
    I deleted MyWi.
    I googled LATEST REDSNOW DOWNLOAD and chose "in the last 24 hours". I got the redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-5. (you can find here http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.p...32923&act=down)
    I saved that download into a folder on my desktop.
    I also downloaded iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw and saved that in the same folder. DEPENDING ON YOUR IPHONE, YOU NEED TO FIND THE PROPER VERSION (like the one you used to originally JB your phone)
    I connected my iphone 3g (already jailbroken - VERY IMPORTANT) to iTunes and did a backup.
    I then went to the folder on my computer and unzipped the redsnow file.
    I then ran the redsnow exe file.
    You must choose an ipsw so I chose the new one I put in the folder.
    I ran the jailbreak.
    I re-installed MyWi.
    What happened next is this:
    The "internet tethering" was back on my iphone under settings.
    In MyWi, I could not get it to work under USB connection. I turned off usb and just did the wifi.
    AND TA-DAAAA! it worked. I could find the new wifi network and connected.
    The whole process took about 10 minutes - and was well worth it.

I actually prefer it without the cord, so I am ok with this.

THE REASON WHY THE PHONE MUST ALREADY BE JB BY REDSNOW IS THAT THIS IS AN UPDATE TO RESOLVE THE MMS AND MYWI ISSUES.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions and I will do my best to help.
    Last edited by rmriche; 2010-06-30 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rmriche For This Useful Post:

seidzoo (2010-07-01)

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

I got the trail version to work after I updated to ios4 on my 3G phone. I updated with itunes's official firwmare and used redsn0w beta to JB. I noticed I had to reboot twice as the app said it had to do.

Wish you guys luck. Sorry I couldn't give you more helpful info as my install went ok.

Default wifi problems
    Quote Originally Posted by qballxx View Post
    Same here. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. My Wifi connection works and I can connect to the internet through wifi on the phone itself. but if I am on 3g it fails to connect to the internet at all.
    same here tooo
    i suppose its a wifi problem ...probably related to jailbrek..who knowss

please Rmrchie explain
    you jailbreak your iphone again..?

thanks

Thanks

Default possible fix to mms, vm, ibook,
    I didn't realized that I lost mms after the redsn0w JB, but I found a workaround to get mms after a JB.

The downside to this is that you have to reinstall the ios4 firwmare again to your iphone.

Here is how I got my mms after running redsn0w.

I reinstall the firmware to my phone using the official one. (Don't know if that really matters.)
    I ran redsn0w9.5b5-3. Afterwards, I ran redsn0w9.5b5-4 (uncheck cydia)
    That is it.

I have my mms, vm, ibook still. I haven't install mywi 4 yet, but I don't know why it wouldn't work. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by iScream4iPhone View Post
    Is your iPhone unlock? or just JB'in. I nearly tried everything but nothing seems to work. Even after I did the stupid update I still have the same problem. I'm at te point where im going to give up because there is nothing I can do.
    I have a 3GS which was upgraded from 3.1.2 to iOS 4.0 and Jailbreak using Pwnage Tool.

What if my 3g in iOS 4 is JB and unlocked using untrasn0w....will this still work for me?

This worked for me...resolved all my issues with data connecting...thanks a million.
    Last edited by seidzoo; 2010-07-01 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I solved my MyWi problem (iPhone 3G os4). As per my email conversation with Tom Cross of Rock support, I found out my 3G data is not functioning thats why MyWi cant establish data connections. What I did was restored my phone as new in iTune. After the restore I checked if 3G data is working.. its working!... Before I synced all my datas I did the JB and unlocking procedure so I can free my phone and use MyWi and other Cydia apps. MyWi is now working perfectly on my 3G iPhone.
    Test your 3G data by opening Safari or You Tube... if you cant connect then there's data problem... if you cant find the simple solution... just restore your iPhone to factory set then do the JB again.

thanks...I did basically that by deleting MyWi, re-jailbreaking using redsnow and then reloading MyWi. All the data connections are working now. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seidzoo View Post
    What if my 3g in iOS 4 is JB and unlocked using untrasn0w....will this still work for me?

This worked for me...resolved all my issues with data connecting...thanks a million.
    What method did you use to make your 'no cellular data connection' message to go away?

duceduc: Simply ensure your 3G Connection is working (by turning off WiFi and trying to surf via Safari). If you used a mobile.config from benm.at - MyWi 4.0.97 may have reset this and you'll need to reinstall the mobile.config/reset network configuration.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast