Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi4 cant verify data connection

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

My 3G is working before I enable mywi. After I finish the session with mywi, that is when my 3G connection is disabled. I get the no cellular connection message. Also, I can't go into wifi setting in the phone. It just freezes when I click on the wifi tab under settings on the phone.

I don't have a mobile.config file installed. I am using my official carrier on 3G iphone, ios4 firmware.

Ok - so MyWi is working fine? It's after you disconnect MyWi that 3G no longer works? Can you post a syslog of before during after? Thanks
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Duceduc, I deleted mywi, reloaded redsnow (using the newest...I think it's .5), then re-installed mywi. When I use mywi I put tethering on and USB off. it works well. Best of luck.

Default redsn0w problem
    Quote Originally Posted by seidzoo View Post
    thanks...I did basically that by deleting MyWi, re-jailbreaking using redsnow and then reloading MyWi. All the data connections are working now. Thanks.
    There was a redsn0w (beta 5 I think) update on 6/29 that apparently fixes APN/MMS issues. My 3G broke also and I attributed it to My3G.

It may not have anything to do with My3G or MyWi. We'll see if it fixes my problem.

Re-running the latest redsn0w is what fixes it. No need to reset, re install stock 4.0 or uninstall/reinstall MyWi at all. Doing that was just coincidental.
    Last edited by remys; 2010-07-08 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

remys - Not sure on timing - but the first day MyWi 4.0 was released - it did have issues with APN's on some phones (mostly out of US which is why we missed it). It was fixed within 24 hours ( i think even earlier but can't recall at this point . I'm pretty sure it's not My3G (else we'd be getting a flood of reports . Glad redsn0w fixed it!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

Still doesn't work. any ideas? (iPod touch 2g iOS 4.0 Non MC model)

Quote Originally Posted by remys View Post
    There was a redsn0w (beta 5 I think) update on 6/29 that apparently fixes APN/MMS issues. My 3G broke also and I attributed it to My3G.

It may not have anything to do with My3G or MyWi. We'll see if it fixes my problem.

Re-running the latest redsn0w is what fixes it. No need to reset, re install stock 4.0 or uninstall/reinstall MyWi at all. Doing that was just coincidental.
    Still doesn't work. Any ideas? (iPod touch 2g iOS 4.0 non MC model)
    Last edited by brbortscheller; 2010-07-14 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I guess I avoided all the problems because I have 3gs, new bootrom, 3.1.3. My phone cannot be upgraded to iOS4 and jb. After all the rants and reviews, I will keep what I have. Used spirit to jb and never had a problem with any apps.

an ipod touch will never work with mywi. you need an internet connection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12