Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does MyWi work on 3.1.3??

Default Does MyWi work on 3.1.3??
    Jailbroke my phone with Spirit today. Bought MyWi and can not get it to work...anyone successfully using MyWi and 3.1.3...I want to connect my ipad to it...Any help would be grateful

Same issue here. This was my main reason for JB so I can use my iPad on it. Hopefully someone can help us out.

Thanks

Works perfectly on my 3gs 3.1.3 Spirit JB... I connected my MBP to it via Wi-Fi and it was flawless
    Need Assistance? Read Here Tutorial On How to Know Everything

Can you offer up any help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    kwall is correct. iPhone 3gs, spirit jailbreak. MyWi works perfectly.

It seems to work when I have the WiFi turned on on my phone, but when I turn it off, just 3g, I can't get it to work

Mine seems to crash when i try to run MyWi idk if its just me

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

I have it working on my 3g 3.1.3. Make sure that WiFi is enabled and try a network settings reset if you're still having problems. I'm finding it a bit unreliable and need to redo the network reset about once a day. Hopefully they will make it more stable on 3.1.3 now that Spirit is out.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

^Just keep in mind that doing a network reset has ruined many many jailbreaks by getting stuck on the restore logo and the apple logo.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    ^Just keep in mind that doing a network reset has ruined many many jailbreaks by getting stuck on the restore logo and the apple logo.
    Yikes, I wasn't aware of that-and fortunately have never had it happen on my 3g.

FWIW, I'm seeing an incredible increase in speed with Mywi since I had to upgrade to 3.1.3 and reinstall it last night after my phone got Rocked(bricked) by their update.

I'm struggling with this issue as well. When I turn WEP off, it works fine. This is not really an acceptable solution for me because of where I need to get on the net, but it seems to be a clue.

I'm using 3.1.3. I should note that I also first tried PDANet which was automatically uninstalled (suggesting a conflict). While I don't think this is the cause of my problems, I thought I would toss it out there.

Stu, are you absolutely 100% certain that your WEP key matches on your phone & computer? I would remove them both, re-enter them and I bet you'll be good to go.

It now works for me on 3.1.3, but alas not with WEP. See my comment here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/mywi/706448...nternet.html#7

Default Works perfectly in 3.1.3 with Spirit
    I am stunned how well it works. Have a verizon MIFI device, and this is better in some respects. Battery issues on my MIFI device make it difficult at times. Traveled with the iphone using MYFI and found it to be a great solution. Makes me almost regret having a Verizon MIFI. Of course in the big cities with the problematic ATT connections, I must have verizon as a carrier for internet.

Still, this is great.

I found that WEP works, however there is a bug in MyWi. If you exit and go back into MyWi you will notice a bunch of zeros added to the end of the wep key. If you replicate that key onto your iPAD then WEP works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
    I found that WEP works, however there is a bug in MyWi. If you exit and go back into MyWi you will notice a bunch of zeros added to the end of the wep key. If you replicate that key onto your iPAD then WEP works just fine.
    This is not a bug. A WEP needs a 10 digit code to work. You probably just entered too little digits and MyWi automatically takes this as an error and fill up the "spaces" with "0"

Quote Originally Posted by derrickjxthong View Post
    This is not a bug. A WEP needs a 10 digit code to work. You probably just entered too little digits and MyWi automatically takes this as an error and fill up the "spaces" with "0"
    Umm yes it is. The key I entered was 16 chars long and it still added zeros to the end. I finally got it to stop adding zeros once I got around 24 chars I think.

Quote Originally Posted by derrickjxthong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
    Umm yes it is. The key I entered was 16 chars long and it still added zeros to the end. I finally got it to stop adding zeros once I got around 24 chars I think.
    Haven't used MyWi yet (currently reading through all of this to decide if I'll buy it), but -

If MyWi expects the passphrase to be entered in Hex (0-9, A-F), then 40-bit will need 10 characters, and 104-bit will need 26.

If it wants regular ASCII (A-Z/0-9 generally), then they would be 5 and 13 character passphrases.

Either way, MyWi would either have to give you an error message i.e. "too short" or pad it with something such as zeroes. (Or truncate if too long.)

^^^just make sure your wep key is 10 characters and you wont have that problem. (i generally just use 10 1's, or my phone number including area code.)

(edit; sorry didn't see a second page of replies)

I'm also having problems using WEP. On 3.1.3. Everything works fine as long as WEP is not enabled.

Yes, the security phrases exactly match. BTW, if you put in less than 26 characters, MyWi adds zeroes to the end to bring it to 26. I used 26 and triple-checked.

My iPad will show that it is connected, "joined" to MyWi, but I cannot get any Internet access. Turn off WEP, rejoin, no problem. Turn it on, rejoin, it won't work.

ALSO, if I run MyWi with WEP enabled, it WILL NOT TURN off without a reset. It'll say it's turned off, but it won't be. A reboot is necessary. This problem does not exist unless WEP is enabled.

Any thoughts?