Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mywi 3.1.9 never starts tethering NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Default Mywi 3.1.9 never starts tethering NEED HELP PLEASE!!!
    Hi, i downloaded the trial version of Mywi, but i cant get it to start tethering, whenever i turn the "WiFi Tethering" ON it says "Starting Network..." and then "Retrying Network..." and then "Stopping Mywi.." and last it asks me for reboot. I've heard great thing about this app, and really wanted to this working, so if there is anyone out there who can help me with this it will be greatly appreciated.

Thans in advance.
    Speedslayer.

Did you also enable tethering on Settings/General/Network? Did you connect your iPhone Wifi to iPhone MyWi network so it can broadcast?

Okay so what youre saying is that i have to turn on tethering from setting/... i got that not a problem, but now how do i go about connecting iphone wifi to iphone mywi network...

you know the app should come with these instructions.

thanks for replying

I agree about the instructions Speed, I just fumbled my way into getting it to work so I'm not totally certain but here it goes, kind of like PDANet:
    I created a network on my laptop called MyWi, I started tethering from Settings/etc., then enabled tethering through MyWi on the iPhone, then went to Settings and selected MyWi from my WiFi settings and I got a connection. Connected to MyWi on my laptop and started surfing. Or something like this. Hope it helps you, wsh for correct instructions but I know it works.
    Check this post, the poster is with RYP, makers of the app.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ml#post4998169
    Last edited by metaserph; 2009-10-16 at 06:21 AM. Reason: added link

okay i tried what you said metaserph, i created an adhoc network on my computer withe the same name and security on mywi, and then connected to it through iphones wifi, and the blue tethering bar showed. now im having trouble with the internet, before i connect my iphone to the adhoc network i get full bars on my laptop for the network, but asoon as i start wifi tethering it bars go away, and i stil have no internet on my laptop...

My wifi bars also dissapear though I am surfing the internet. Make sure that after enabling tethering in Settings/ you go back to MyWi on the iPhone and tethering is enabled. They just updated the app to version 3.1.10 so update. The link I added on the previous post gives you the screename of the guy with RYP. Ask him too.
    I had to go back and forth on the settings both Settings and MyWi settings to get it going but I cannot remember exactly the steps order. But I know it works so don't give up. I'll try my best on my end to help.

Version 3.1.10 seems to work much better. Also, it didn't work unless I had wifi enabled on my phone prior to starting the access point.

Thanks guyz for helping my out with this, especially metaserph. i did update mywi. and thanks to you guyz i figured it out.

1. turn tethering ON from setting/...
    2. turn wifi on from settings/..., but dont lwt it connect to anything.
    3. turn wifi on from mywi, and it starts to boradcast.

thankyou very much i love this app.

Glad to help a bit Speed. And thanks for the instructions!

Hey Guys.

Just a quick FYI: Inside MyWi - at the bottom - is the same USB/Bluetooth settings option under the settings app. MyWi does turn this on when WiFi tethering is started. It also sets up it's own Adhoc network automatically.

That all said - there seems to be some issues with 3G Unrestrictor. So perhaps the instructions above help work around them (?). Thanks for your help!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

On my 16GB 3G running MyWi 3.1.10:

Looks like USB Tethering works fine. However, no matter what I do, I can't get the WiFi broadcasted network to connect.

Here's what happens:

1) Reboot my phone.
    2) Start MyWi and click on "Wifi Tethering" (the USB/BlueTooth tethering setting is automatically toggled).
    3) On laptop, connect to the MyWi network.

The laptop sees the network and connects, but when trying to acquire a network address, this message pops up: "DHCP IP configuration is not supported for adhoc connection. Use static IP configuration."

Any ideas for what to try next?

3.2 Updates
    =================
    - Fix for DNS assignment on some phones
    - Fix disconnect for phones running 3.0
    - Fix/Repair MMS
    - Fix disconnect not being able to browse the web with iPhone
    - Fixed MyWi requiring respring/reboot
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default The latest MyWi update still not working in Wi Fi tethering
    The latest MyWi 3.2 seems more stable and does not need so many reboots and resprings.

However, the same problem remains.

The laptop sees the Wi Fi network and connects, but hangs trying to acquire a network address, and this message pops up: "DHCP IP configuration is not supported for adhoc connection. Use static IP configuration."

Any ideas for what to try next?

I am also having a problem with 3.2.4. Everything SEEMS to work, but it will not obtain an IP address.

And I cannot not get the laptop to to connect to internet, but it connect to Mywi fine! Latest version... This app need a serious testing before charging people $10. PDANet is a solid performance!
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I am still on firmware 3.0 on my 3GS. The last few versions have serious issues. The app says it's broadcasting and lets my laptop connect but the blue tethering box never comes down on the springboard and the internet sharing doesn't work. Additionally it drops the connection within 60 seconds now. I have changed nothing on my phone except for this app and now it doesn't work. Lastly the internet tethering option in the native settings menu disappears periodically now. Frustrating.

Thanks

I'm on 3.1.2 and it works fine for me.
    Last edited by Zwayne; 2009-10-24 at 05:22 AM.

Thanks

Maybe I need to upgrade?! lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm on 3.1.2 too, but connecting via WiFi does not work (see previous posts). Connecting by the tethered cable connection does work.

Thanks

Crap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast