Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi connects but in Local connection only

Default MyWi connects but in Local connection only
    I installed Mywi on my 3GS and from my PC I can connect to the Hotspot fine and it says connected but in local connection only. I get no internet connection at all. I have try rebooting the phone, the PC, reinstalling the app but it did not worked.

Please help
    Thanks

Thanks

Try Settings/General/Network/Reset
    If that does not work - do a reset of yr Router
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Reset of the router?? HUH? The iPhone IS the router in this case. Please confirm which version of MyWi you have installed. Also confirm that after MyWi connects that you can browse safari on your iPhone to make sure you have a good data connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Reset of the router?? HUH? The iPhone IS the router in this case. Please confirm which version of MyWi you have installed. Also confirm that after MyWi connects that you can browse safari on your iPhone to make sure you have a good data connection.
    Poseidon79 , the installed version is 0.97.1 and after the PC and the phone said connected I can browse perfectly in the phone but no on my PC. I just installed PDANet and it worked fine, if you have any suggestions I can go back to MyWi.

Thanks

Me too have same problem can anyone say delete!

Does anyone have any suggestions for this? I too had PDAnet installed before MyWi (never actually tried it though). Downloaded MyWi (it didnt uninstall PDAnet) then I just manually uninstalled PDAnet (via Rock). And now I can create a wireless network just fine, connect to it via my laptop, but it's just a local connection.

Same here. Mac connects to MyWi net on iphone but as a direct device connection, not a general wifi connection that will give access to the internet. Gives no IP address to the mac so internet is unavailable.

iPhone OS 3.0.1 on 3GS. Wondering if this app is simply not compatible with 3.0.1 or it is another issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The connection is AdHoc direct device connection... that's how it's supposed to work.

Thanks for comment. I've been digging around elsewhere and agree we are talking about an AdHoc connection between the mac and iphone.

So if that is how it is supposed to connect with MyWi, then shouldn't I see an IP address on my mac? Currently showing self-assigned...so it seems MyWi isn't providing one or is somehow getting in the way of the 3G net from providing one.