Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Throughput Stats

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Throughput Stats
    I love MyWi! Its much faster than PDANet and more flexible than "the official" AT&T modem script. (Besides, the Hot Spot feature is cool.)

But I've noticed that the data speeds rarely, if ever display anything but 0.00mb in the status bar. The lockscreen always shows bits being transferred, but the status bar rarely does.

This is not a big deal. The functionality works great which is what I bought it for. I just didn't know if anyone had pointed it out. Right now I'm downloading a torrent file and Transmit displays 9.9mbs, but MyWi says 0.00mb. The lockscreen says 107.75mb. (I'm also checking mail, surfing the net, background syncing, etc.)

I am using MyWi via USB connection.

Might have to do with the USB , although I believe the data is coming from the same spot . Can you reproduce this consistently?
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Might have to do with the USB , although I believe the data is coming from the same spot . Can you reproduce this consistently?
    Its TOTALLY reproducible. The lockscreen displays throughput. You can watch it update. The status bar never does. It displays 0.00mb and never moves.

The connection is working, which is all that really matters - but USB does not update its status in the status bar.

Ah - ok - i think i know the cause - the interface is different in usb. sorry - will try a fix in the next update
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3.2.4 Still No USB Throughput in Status Bar
    I am so happy to have MyWi back, having chosen to update to 3.1 before it was released! As always, you've done a great job!

I still want to point out though, that the blue status bar only shows up/down throughput on the lockscreen when connected via USB.

Everywhere else it displays "Internet Tethering (Down: 0.00mb Up: 0.00mb)".

BD

I can confirm this behaviour. It shows 0.00mb (once it hits 1Mb of data), and never changes past that. This happens in both USB and WIFI mode, and I've noticed the same happens when using Apple's built-in tethering. Now, don't misunderstand this, obviously something was done to enable Apple's tethering to show transferred data, but what I'm saying is that neither Apple's tether, nor the MyWi shows transferred data above 1Mb on the home screen status bar. It does seem, however, that your package has added the ability to have data thoroughput amount show for Apple's tether as well, which is useful.

Can this be fixed?

I have a 3G 16Gb on v3.1.2 FW (jailbroken, of course)
    Last edited by kssxs; 2009-11-05 at 12:30 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Fix it or lose it
    I think it should either be fixed or removed.

Quote Originally Posted by kssxs View Post
    I can confirm this behaviour. It shows 0.00mb (once it hits 1Mb of data), and never changes past that. This happens in both USB and WIFI mode, and I've noticed the same happens when using Apple's built-in tethering. Now, don't misunderstand this, obviously something was done to enable Apple's tethering to show transferred data, but what I'm saying is that neither Apple's tether, nor the MyWi shows transferred data above 1Mb on the home screen status bar. It does seem, however, that your package has added the ability to have data thoroughput amount show for Apple's tether as well, which is useful.

Can this be fixed?

I have a 3G 16Gb on v3.1.2 FW (jailbroken, of course)

I've noticed the same behavior with myWi. I have not done much testing but it almost seemed to
    be that BT tethering only affected the lock screen counter and USB tethering affected the springboard counter.

I say this because the counter on the springboard always read 0.00. This made me curious so I plugged in the USB synch cable and tethered that way and it started counting.

I would almost prefer no springboard counter as it pushes apps down and off the screen. Perhaps myWi could be launched to show stats. I don't mind the lock screen display.

Love the app though! Excellent work.