Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi

Default MyWi
    So can you work on your iPhone while MyWi is up and running and people are using it? Thanks!

Yes you can use your iPhone while you're MyWi'ing.. However it will consume battery if you're not actually using it - so best to turn it off if you're not using it
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

psuskeels, some questions for you if you do not mind:

1. is 3GS supported ? all your notes refer to 3G

2. I recently purchased a new 3GS, can I transfer my license over to my new 3GS ? I'd love to get Intelliscreen running again on my jailbroken 3GS.

3. If yes to question 2, how do I go about transferring the license over to the new 3GS ?

4. With this new MyWi, could my daughter use her iPod Touch and connect to the internet via my iPhone 3GS (I have a data plan) even though there is no public wifi nearby ?

thanks so much, you guys ROCK!

Thanks

Monica, I am using my license with my new 3Gs, all you have to is login to your account in Rock, all purchased apps are available to download again for free. Work great BTW!

Monica - regardging your other questions - yes - 3GS supported and yes your daughter could have her iPod touch use your connection (note increased battery consumption on your 3GS .
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Monica, I am using my license with my new 3Gs, all you have to is login to your account in Rock, all purchased apps are available to download again for free. Work great BTW!
    SimTech, when I start up the Rock app on my pc, it says that my device is not supported (3GS) !!! I click on check for updates and there are none. Latest version of Rock app on my pc is 1.51.18

The Rock website even states that 3GS is not supported currently.

I wish Puskeels could give me some input. I'd luv to get intelliscreen back onto my jailbroken 3GS, I really want to try MyWi as well

thanks SimTech for any help or suggestions please

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Monica - regardging your other questions - yes - 3GS supported and yes your daughter could have her iPod touch use your connection (note increased battery consumption on your 3GS .
    how can I get it on my 3GS then ? is 1.51.18 the latest version ? I'm stuck and frustrated right now

do I need to go through Cydia instead ? my desktop client won't allow me to install it, 3GS NOT SUPPORTED !!!

can someone please help me ?
    Last edited by monica_69; 2009-07-08 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by monica_69 View Post
    SimTech, when I start up the Rock app on my pc, it says that my device is not supported (3GS) !!! I click on check for updates and there are none. Latest version of Rock app on my pc is 1.51.18

The Rock website even states that 3GS is not supported currently.

I wish Puskeels could give me some input. I'd luv to get intelliscreen back onto my jailbroken 3GS, I really want to try MyWi as well

thanks SimTech for any help or suggestions please

how can I get it on my 3GS then ? is 1.51.18 the latest version ? I'm stuck and frustrated right now

do I need to go through Cydia instead ? my desktop client won't allow me to install it, 3GS NOT SUPPORTED !!!

can someone please help me ?
    Monica, all you need to do is install the Rock Your Phone app via Cydia. Once installed, run Rock Your Phone and enter your registered user name and password and then you can install all the software you purchased. I have a 3GS and thats what I did. Everything is transferrred through you name and password.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

monica_69 (2009-07-08)

perfect, got it, thanks TheOrioles33 !

Quote Originally Posted by monica_69 View Post
    perfect, got it, thanks TheOrioles33 !
    You are quite welcome!

I Just installed it , but when its connected it says EDGE Connection, if I buy the full version will it connect via 3G(I have a 3GS by the way) or does it only connect via EDGE Downloads?

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

I installed it, but Mywi icon doesn't show in my spring board... What do I do?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

It if did not show up on Springboard, try re-springing...however, it sounds like it did not install properly. Try again from the RYP App on your phone.

@psuskeels. Really nice app. You are busy over there at Intelliborn/RockYourPhone! I am enjoying lots of your apps! Thanks.

MyWi seems to work great using my MacBook Pro in OSX Leopard or in Bootcamp XP. Wifi tethering works it great on both operating systems, but I was in the Mall today and noticed the iPhone signal was at about 2 bars the MyWi would not work. This may be a reason why some can't seem to get MyWi to work; though they can make calls out the Wifi will not work. This is just a hunch.

...but an interesting and possible exciting thing happened today.

I just purchased a Mophie Juice pack air case for my 3GS, because the Apple staff guy in the store said it was compatible. This evening I disconnected the iPhone from the case so I could recharge both separately. I plugged in the mophie case and it began charging. I noticed something odd about the iPhone however; before I plugged into the laptop I plugged the USB chord cable adapter into the iPhone first, which was off, and it turned back on. I don't remember that ever happening; maybe I never noticed. Next I plugged the other end of the USB chord into the laptop and the phone began charging. Since I had about 2/3 charge on it already, I turned on MyFi expecting the phone to lose charge over time. Well that does not seem to be happening. Looks like I now have a phone that can be left in WiFi mode permanently without losing a charge; in fact it looks as though it is charging. I will report back later when I am sure no other problems, but yeah, just now I unplugged the iPhone end of the chord and notice the charging bar is almost full; the iPhone 3GS is definitely charging.

I installed Mywi on my 3GS and from my PC I can connect to the Hotspot fine and it says connected but in local connection only. I get no internet connection at all. I have try rebooting the phone, the PC, reinstalling the app but it did not worked.

Please help
    Thanks

Begin by disconnecting from your iPhone wireless connection.

If you have XP
    Try My Computer/Network and internet connections/Network connections
    Right click on the Wireless Network Connection icon, click Properties the click on Wireless Networks

Now remove the Preferred network you have with your iPhone there and click OK.

Turn on your iPhones MyWi and wait for it to be activated; the blue bar at the top of the screen should show.

Now on your PC click on View Available wireless networks.

Very important: Click on Refresh Network list.

Now try connecting.

Sorry if you have Vista; maybe you can do the same thing but I am not familiar with Vista.

Off topic: I did not jailbreak my 3Gs to get MyWi. I just downloaded the desktop ROCK app and went from there. Don't know if I mentioned that before.
    Last edited by Urrl; 2009-09-07 at 08:36 PM.

Has anyone tried on a 2G phone? What is the answer on a 2G?