Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My profiles is very frustrating

Default My profiles is very frustrating
    This program is very frustrating it has worked only about 20% of the time. Usually it is stuck not doing anything(as it is now) It will not analyze current profile no text at all in the analyze screen.

I have uninstalled re-installed, cleared memory changed profiles back and fourth. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need this app to work and at this point I feel as though I got burned.

i have the same problem ,

myprofile doesn't work , even with wifi detect , GPS , !!

really i don't know why they buy it even it doesn't work

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from IntelliBorn website: "NOTE: This is a BETA version of MyProfiles. As there are many possible combinations of alerts and profile configurations we are working hard at ensuring all functionality works as expected".

So there is no surprise here; my only gripe is the price, which I found too high for a beta version.

Who would use "beta" software that worked 20% of the time. sounds alpha to me.

Im not trying to knock it right now I just want some help.

i paid 6$ !! i hope that we will see a new release

Is there an alternative app that does something similar to MyProfiles ?

I haven't seen one.

where do I get help from?

Guys have patience and support this app.
    There is no one similar out there, and I for one LOVE it.
    OK, I don't have iPhone now, but MyProfiles will be the first application I will purchase, stay assured.
    I think the developers are listening and will make it work right.

After about 2 weeks of not working... today it starts working out of no where.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    For those that say it "isn't working", you're not going to get much help unless you can be more specific.

Have you tried changing the profile manually using the active tab or the home+up/down? Does that work?
    What isn't working? SMS alerts? GPS location? I've heard of individual issues, but never a massive bug that kept the entire fuctionality from changing.

If the engine is off, or is already analyzing, when you hit the Analyze Now button it won't do anything. I've noticeed things like the GPS takes time and the log won't look like it's doing something, but really it's busy trying to analyze and the button is ignored.

Hidden WiFi networks don't work well for the engine. When the phone goes to sleep, it loses the hidden networks. It looks like it's not working, but it's a configuration issue and they're trying to figure out a good way to handle these hidden networks.

I would also suggest using the desktop client, right-clicking on your phone and selecting the System Log. This will show you command level things going on. You don't have to be a programmed and you don't have to read every single line. But when you get a text, email, etc it will give you some very eay to understand lines on what it's doing. That will help others who have used this more extensively to help.

I will agree the legendary service I was used to pre-3.0 has been slightly lacking in recent weeks. I'm hoping it's because they're very busy fixing things, but if the devs are out there and listening an update now and then would keep the hope alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrozza View Post
    Guys have patience and support this app.
    There is no one similar out there, and I for one LOVE it.
    OK, I don't have iPhone now, but MyProfiles will be the first application I will purchase, stay assured.
    I think the developers are listening and will make it work right.
    funny...
    32GB Black 3G[S]
    Blackra1n'd RC3

Jimmy

Well for starters this did seem like a massive bug that kept it from starting. Nothing I tried seemed to work. The app would start but would not change a profile or any of the underlying characterisics. I could change to any profile I wished to but nothing on the phone would change.

When its working I always see text in the log. But in that state nothing would show up. Analyze now would not work either. My sense of frustration is that there were no clues as to what was going on or how to fix it. (and Not much response to my post that was helpful) A reinstall would bring back the same behavior.

what desktop client are you talking about? where do I get it? I've never seen or heard of it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The desktop client is at the RYP website. I don't believe this site likes to have links posted, but it's RockYourPhone with www before it and com after it.

I haven't seen your problem described by anyone else before.
    Interesting, I think the System Log could provide some useful info.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Missed SMS alerts goes off with every SMS received.

Why doesn't it work with only:

A) Missed SMS txt.
    B) At least not till the allotted time after the original txt is received.

Oh yeah...and that little red dot is a real ***** to activate to clear the alert.
    Last edited by edwilk55; 2009-07-31 at 07:25 PM.

Default I found something!
    I found something that will allow my install of my profiles to start working. I was getting the same stall of my profiles. That is, profiles would change manually, but nothing on the phone would change defined by the profile would actually change. The profiles would not change automatically based on the rules. and going in the log would reveal a blank log and the "analyze now" button would do nothing.

But when I went into email all of the sudden bang myprofiles started working?!?! what the??? anyways this may help someone, as it does seem to jumpstart myprofiles on my phone. Now at least I can deal with the other little problems.

Anyone else see this? Any explanations?

I'm frustrated too. Also took a while for this app to work, still don't know what triggered it. Have stopped using it because it won't reliably switch or hold my 'Home' profile which is ruled by my wifi SSID. The iPhone detects and holds the network perfectly, always full set of bars, but at frequently the rules engine drops home or doesn't find it for ages, and heads off to some other rule. As a this time, the app is a waste of money. Hope the developers release an update with better wifi detection. 3G iPhone, 3.0

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fireballxl5 View Post
    I'm frustrated too. Also took a while for this app to work, still don't know what triggered it. Have stopped using it because it won't reliably switch or hold my 'Home' profile which is ruled by my wifi SSID. The iPhone detects and holds the network perfectly, always full set of bars, but at frequently the rules engine drops home or doesn't find it for ages, and heads off to some other rule. As a this time, the app is a waste of money. Hope the developers release an update with better wifi detection. 3G iPhone, 3.0
    That's a problem I have ... when it doesn't see it's own criteria, it heads off to another rule.

I'm at work and have it set by GPS and wi-fi SSID. Drops and heads off to my Car Profile.

At home, it seems to stay (most of the time), but when I leave, it doesn't drop and move to car profile under it. I have home set by GPS and wireless SSID, but when I get in the car, it stays locked on Home. IDK....

There is a fix for GPS issues out now. Can anyone post a log (syslog for example) with it not detecting the right wifi?
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Here is my system log
    <script src='http://pastie.org/585458.js'></script>

The problems that I am having are several the biggest one seems to be that Myprofiles isnt on most of the time. It comes on when I check my mail, and only then. I have described this in previous posts in this thread. The other major problem I have is even when I can verify that the profiles are running, it never changes my ring tone? This is one of the major reasons I purchased it. I hope that you can find some solution here or maybe I ahve been doing sometihing wrong in my setup. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast