Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changes in how the rules engine works?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Changes in how the rules engine works?
    I used MyProfiles pretty extensively with 2.2.1. Since I couldn't ever get the GPS location to work, everyday I manually changed the active profile to my work profile using the home button + up/down method. The work profile was not the one the engine would have chosen, but when I manually changed it the only thing that would cause the engine to reanalyze was when I plugged it in to charge at night. This worked great.

Now on my 3GS, it seems like everytime I get an SMS the engine re-analyzes and changes the profile. Has anyone noticed this difference?

hey jimmy - hmm.. more likely a crash .. can you view the syslog (easiest via iphone desktop client --> right click/alt click the phone --> view iphone system log. Can you post it on pastie.org?

Thanks!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

jimmythebook (2009-07-19)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    psuskeels - you're right, I've noticed it is a crash. I get crashes when I get text messages (most likely caused by Tlert) and when trying to use Intelliscreen quick view for emails. These crashes cause the engire to rerun.

For the time being I've solved the problem by reordering my profiles so if this happens I don't get an embarrasing ring during a meeting at work. I know from the other posts the crash problems are being identified so I'll wait for updates to those programs.

Thanks for the response!