Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: General Questions

Default General Questions
    Purchased this app the other day, and am trying to figure things out.

When I change profiles, how long does it stay on the profile selected? Or, in other words, how do I make the "Rules Engine" take over again?

I haven't tried intelliscreen, but any chance you can arrange to show the active profile using intelliscreen?

Reading your examples in the pdf manual.....If I turn WiFi off to save battery (while in my car), then will it detect my WiFi network when I arrive at my office? If I turn bluetooth off while at my office, will it detect the bluetooth when I get back in my car? That's what seems to be implied.

Please better explain the significance of profile order.

This app has lots of potential.

Thanks

Hi Pachena:

- It will detect the WiFi but not the bluetooth (yet - we are working a potential solution).
    - After setting the profile manually, the profile will change once the previously engined rule is no longer valid
    - Regarding IntelliScreen - not yet - but potentially soon
    - The rules engine evaluates each profile in order - the first one who's attributes match is chosen.

-MC
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Hi Pachena:
    Thanks for the very quick reply.

- It will detect the WiFi but not the bluetooth (yet - we are working a potential solution).
    This will help. And explains why my Nuvi wasn't detecting my iPhone.

- After setting the profile manually, the profile will change once the previously engined rule is no longer valid
    OK. I was interpreting the documentation as it would stay valid until another profile was valid that was higher on the list (it got bumped).

This leads to another question: What if the overridden profile has no rules or locations?

From the .pdf manual:

When you leave your house in the morning and hop into your car you want to ringer volume all the way up. Also you might as well turn off WiFi to save battery. When you get in your car your phone detects your handsfree Bluetooth device and instantly raises the volume and shuts down WiFi.

The above isn't entirely true. The engine would first have to detect that your "at home" rule was no longer valid. Then, starting at the top of the list, look for a true rule.

The explanation is good, to illustrate the possibilities, but I was using it as "documentation", and it caused me to jump to some of the conclusions I did.

- The rules engine evaluates each profile in order - the first one who's attributes match is chosen.

-MC
    So each time the rules engine determines a profile is no longer valid, it will start at the top of the list looking for a valid rule. It will stay on that profile until it is no longer valid, at which time it will again start at the top of the list.

This could be explained quite easily with a very simple flow chart in the manual. The flow chart should account for manually overridden profiles.

It would also be great to have a table showing (for each Location type and Rule Condition type):
    • Must be on to detect (Yes/No/Not Applicable) (ie. bluetooth - YES, time condition - not applicable)
    • Time to detect valid (instant, 5 mintutes, 15 minutes, must already be ON, etc.)
    • Time to detect no longer valid (instant, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, etc)

(It would be preferable to have the above info accessible from within the app).

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback - we will work harder at better documentation and make it available via the phone as well. Thanks (no promised on time frame at the moment though
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

^^I love when developers can come in and clear up any problems that your having...Thats customer service!

Thanks for the feedback - we will work harder at better documentation and make it available via the phone as well. Thanks (no promised on time frame at the moment though
    OK.. Some things work great, some -- not quite there yet.

Is there a more appropriate way to report bug reports?

I have a number of profiles, in the following order.

1. Low battery (Wifi on, BT off)
    2. Home (night) Charging - WiFi On, BT OFF == Detection via WiFi, Charging, Time
    3. Home (not Night) Charging - WiFi On, BT Off ==Detection via WiFi, Charging,Time
    4. Home not charging - WiFi On, BT Off, ==Detection via WiFi, Time
    5. Car - WiFi Off, BT On ==Detection via BT
    6. Work - need silent ringer/vibrate == detection via GPS
    7. System default = Wifi ON, BT ON (pretty much everything else on)

What's happening -- it never senses that I'm at work - stays in system default. I've entered 3 GPS locations at various times and locations at work (it's not that big). It should enter that profile when it detects it's in one of those places.

When it falls into system default, it NEVER enables BlueTooth, so it never meets my "Car" rule. I have my system defaults to BT ON, for this very bit of logic.

Suggestions?

The forum is fine - as it shares with others in case they have the same issues . Can you take a look at the analysis engine at those times. Is it possible the GPS isn't getting a reading while you're at work for some reason?

Same with the bluetooth - can you take a look and just post whether or not it thinks it's turning on Bluetooth?

Thanks!

Keep forgetting to post this annoying bug.

When selecting sound files for the repeat alert tones, the naming of the files are just strange combo of letters like LUIO, DSSQ etc.

Intelliscreen shows these as the name of the ringtone, but MyProfiles has an issue with them.

Oh this only happens with my added ringtones and sounds not the OEM sounds on iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by interstink View Post
    Keep forgetting to post this annoying bug.

When selecting sound files for the repeat alert tones, the naming of the files are just strange combo of letters like LUIO, DSSQ etc.

Intelliscreen shows these as the name of the ringtone, but MyProfiles has an issue with them.

Oh this only happens with my added ringtones and sounds not the OEM sounds on iPhone.
    That happens her too. Annoys me too, but am sure this one is an easier fix (parsing).

Can you take a look at the analysis engine at those times. Is it possible the GPS isn't getting a reading while you're at work for some reason?

Same with the bluetooth - can you take a look and just post whether or not it thinks it's turning on Bluetooth?

Thanks!
    Sure... just tell me where and how.
    Last edited by Pachena; 2009-05-07 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Pachena View Post
    Sure... just tell me where and how.

Click the ACTIVE "TAB". Scroll to bottom.. Engine Log... Click Analyze Now. Should give you a good idea why your profile is not being selected and why another IS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I currently have Profiles set with Wifi rules, one for Work and one for Home. The Rules engine will sometimes pick up the Profile to enable and sometimes it won't.

Like it'll be enabled for Home, and then the next time the Rules Engine runs, it doesn't see the Wifi and selects another Profile. Then, the next time the Rules engine runs again, it will find the Wifi for Home and enable the Home Profile. It always happens, doesn't matter if i'm at home or at work.

Is there something wrong with detecting the Wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by VPxPrettyBoy View Post
    I currently have Profiles set with Wifi rules, one for Work and one for Home. The Rules engine will sometimes pick up the Profile to enable and sometimes it won't.

Like it'll be enabled for Home, and then the next time the Rules Engine runs, it doesn't see the Wifi and selects another Profile. Then, the next time the Rules engine runs again, it will find the Wifi for Home and enable the Home Profile. It always happens, doesn't matter if i'm at home or at work.

Is there something wrong with detecting the Wifi?
    I've used profile applications on other devices (Windows Mobile), and Wifi and GPS location profiles never worked very well because when the device is asleep it cant detect changes and then you arrive at the new location, it takes time until the profile engine polls again. I personally stay away from them.

I have tried MyProfiles implementation of location based changes, and it does seem to work very well, but also can take 15 minutes before finally switching.

I just use TIME Based Profile changes and just change profile manually (HOLD Home and press volume button on Phone) when required. I haven't looked at Location based profiles since the first release of MyProfiles, maybe I should try again...

Default My profile
    Previously i owned a windows mobile phone, and for that phone there is a profile changer program, (PhoneAlarm pro). This program can store the Cellinfo and the basestation ID with time stamp And later i can arrange it to groups. And do profile change based on this groups. (for example it store the mobile cell used at home, and at my workplace. Do you plan to use this kind of rule to chang profile? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by korte68 View Post
    Previously i owned a windows mobile phone, and for that phone there is a profile changer program, (PhoneAlarm pro). This program can store the Cellinfo and the basestation ID with time stamp And later i can arrange it to groups. And do profile change based on this groups. (for example it store the mobile cell used at home, and at my workplace. Do you plan to use this kind of rule to chang profile? Thank you
    I also used PhoneAlarm for years. Loved it! MyProfiles has only been out for a few months, but already seems to work better then phonealarm did. PhoneAlarm, when doing cell tower and other location based profiles killed my battery.

Cell Tower locations would be a good option for MyProfiles, I never liked location based profiles because they always seemed a bit buggy.

There's a fix coming out shortly for WiFi (does 2 scans instead of one). Also, the location based uses Cell Tower, WiFi, and GPS (That's how apples location services works)

Default hi

Default hi
    thank you for your forums

the engine dosen't automatically work for me. and the analysis is always correct when i run it but it still dosen't change the profile to match what should be going on. feeling this app but i need the engine to run automatically not just when i tap it. any help here?
    Last edited by Quote; 2009-07-11 at 01:10 AM.

Default Call Silencing
    Hello all,

I have MyProfiles v.0.97.1 on my iPhone that's been updated to 3.0.

I am not doing something correctly to set up the Call Silencing feature.

I have Profile A that I want to Whitelist Group A.
    And Profile B that I want to Blacklist Group B.

I go into Profiles and set up Profile A to whitelist Group A. Then I set up Profile B to Blacklist Group B.

But when I go back to check Profile A, it is now in Backlist mode. It seems whatever feature I choose for one Profile (whitelist/blacklist), it becomes that mode for all Profiles.

Can I not have one Profile with Whitelist under Call Silencing and another with Blacklist active?

Otherwise, I have no problems with MyProfiles. I love the App and I don't think I could be happy with my iPhone without MyProfiles.

Thanks,