Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HELP] Best iPhone DVD + Video Converter

Thanks

Exclamation [HELP] Best iPhone DVD + Video Converter
    I've been seeking for the best iPhone DVD + Video converter software but every time I bump across a suggestion from a friend - I land up disappointed

I seem to have downloaded and tried most of them, usually they land up messing your Codecs (I use K-Lite Mega codec pack) or they don't give good quality outputs.

There seems to loads of these 3rd party apps. Please do a Google on "iPhone video converter" and you will find a list of them from the beginning of the search results.

Request you to please help me asses for the best one out there, my particulars are:
    # Top quality video output
    # Stable
    # Doesn't mess up your codecs or registry
    # Supports maximum video formats
    # I don't care about speed, as the slower it takes the better the output

Thanks once again!
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-10-07 at 08:55 PM.

Have you tried Videora iPhone Converter (along with DVD Decrypter)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Have you tried Videora iPhone Converter (along with DVD Decrypter)?
    You read my mind! Before reading this thread I was on their website.
    I will surely give them a try, thanks :-)

I used DVD Decrypter to rip my Superman Returns DVD. After running the DVD Crypter output file on the Videora software and selecting the H.246 AviSynth profile does output a great quality video but it loose it audio/video sync from the beginning of the movie.

I'm also testing it under the H.264 Advanced and H.264 lower profiles, will keep this thread update with the results.

p.s. anyone can do a test on ImTOO iPhone Video Convertr and can share the results?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-10-07 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There's a freebie out there that i've been using for awhile. It's called MacTheRipper. It will also strip most protection stuff off too. http://www.mactheripper.org/
    Also, Roxio Toast or Popcorn does a great job on un-protected disks. If you don't like the way MacTheRipper works, you can always just use it to strip the protection and then use Toast or Popcorn to convert that file!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    I've been seeking for the best iPhone DVD + Video converter software but every time I bump across a suggestion from a friend - I land up disappointed

Thanks once again!
    For Mac, it would be Mactheripper to extract the movie, and Compressor to make it for iPhone.

Don't know bout PC, sorry.

Thanks

Thanks to both of you. Still looking for Windows based converters.
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-10-07 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    Thanks to both of you. Still looking for Windows based converters.
    Oops, sorry about that. You didn't specify Windows OS in your post and I assumed by your avatar that you were looking for a Mac solution. I don't know what they are called, but Roxio makes versions of their sw for Windows too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to randyg For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (2007-10-09)

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Alldj Video Converter Platium so far. Very easy to use and powerful options.
    Alldj Video Converter Platinum, convert video to MP4, video to AVI, video to FLV, video to iPod, video to iPhone, video to PSP, video to Zune, video to 3GP

http://www.cucusoft.com/ seems to be popular as well. I'm giong to try it and compair them both
    Last edited by JazJon; 2008-09-10 at 07:23 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

For Mac, I used Handbrake to RIP DVD without all that preview junk. It's easy and only took me to RIP 104min movie in 30min.

Unlock & PWNED!8gig iPhone 2.1
    Carrier|AT&T-AIS|TRUE
    MacBook|2.4GHZ|4gig RAM|120gig HDD

I have tried a lot of these and none of them can get South Park episodes under 80mb does anyone know of a way? I remember seeing one time a guy had them like 50mb, yeah crappy quality but I don't care I just want a small file size

For PC, install DVD43 and then use either Handbrake or DVD Catalyst Free. Handbrake has lots of nerd knobs, but is still pretty easy to use. DVD Catalyst Free is as easy as it gets. One thing that makes me use Handbrake, though, is that it can perform an anamorphic conversion, which basically means that playback on the iPhone will automatically select the correct aspect ratio for the iPhone/DVD combination.

I too been seeking the perfect converter...

all of the converters i use has a preloaded ipod settings i use for my phone...

am i suppose to? it gives me crappy sound quality, like its off.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Try DVDFab.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Here's one.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/music-v...e-convert.html
    I'm trying it right now, but it wants to take like 2 hours for 1 movie...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I use Xilisoft Video Converter
    to convert my House MD episodes and the quality is pretty decent

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you're looking for an awesome app to go from DVD to iPhone/iPod, check out my post here.

As far as converting existing video clips to iPhone/iPod, I also use the Xilisoft converter.
    Last edited by goretex11; 2009-03-01 at 11:32 PM.

I have a few you can download on MY GOOGLE SITE
    -Aimersoft DVD Stidio Pack
    -3GP Converter (converts to M4V excellent quality plus very small file size)
    -Xilisoft

I realise this topic is a little outdate, but I didnt really feel it warranted a new topic.

Like many, I tried several different conversion tools to get the best results for my brand new iPhone (this was back in November 2008) and all the tools available at the time had their flaws... poor quality, huge filesize, unstable, slow.

For months now I have been using Badaboom which is honestly, without a doubt, the best video conversion tool for the iPhone (and indeed other devices like the zune, archos etc). Unfortunately you do need an nVidia graphics card though as it uses 'CUDA' (an nvidia technology). I have an 8800GT 512MB and I convert a normal length movie in about 15mins. Usually well above 100fps so it's super fast.

I convert a 700MB 1hr 30min movie to a bitrate thereabouts 860kbps with 160kbps audio... Usually get it down to about 550MB or so. But the video is very smooth, quality is fantastic and again the actual conversion is very fast.

Might sound like im trying to sell this thing, lol... But if your too cheap to pay for it, im sure you'll find a torrent or two floating around.

Grab the trial and try it for yourself...I wouldnt use anything else though