Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best video converter?

Default Best video converter?
    Does anyone have any opinions on what the best video converter is?

I'd like to convert my videos to mp4s with ease. Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive used Videora iPhone Converter, works decently keeps great quality. But I dislike the GUI, another plus is its completely free.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan0609 For This Useful Post:

seungki (2008-03-19)

Does it convert quickly?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yeah the best one I know is videora... and last time I remember converting my videos seemed pretty quick. I converted a 1gb+ movie on it for like 10 minutes?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

well it does do it quickly but it uses the entire CPU(duh). I have tried 3gp converter like the one used for the psp during the huge psp scene a while ago, but it lacks in advanced controls, and it is only good for large batch files because drag and drop is supported.

taniban...someone is possibly [email protected] illegal bad quality movies... lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

i love handbrake

this is for mac and windows

it is a DVD converter though

FREE it is very nice!
    RY GUY!!!

is there one that can convert it w/ good/decent quality, doesnt have to be great quality, but at a smaller size?

Thanks

My favorite is WinAvi MP4 Converter quick and very simple GUI fasts as hell to converted superbad and american pie 1 and 2 in 15 minutes. You have to search serials.ws for a cd key but thats just a minor setback to hella good program.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to saint431 For This Useful Post:

finn45202 (2008-05-19)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan0609 View Post
    well it does do it quickly but it uses the entire CPU(duh). I have tried 3gp converter like the one used for the psp during the huge psp scene a while ago, but it lacks in advanced controls, and it is only good for large batch files because drag and drop is supported.

taniban...someone is possibly [email protected] illegal bad quality movies... lol
    Im more.... 'p2p'ing movies... lol. But you can actually get alright very watchable movies at those kinda sizes..

super is great, it's free and it can convert it most formats not just to mp4 just incase you need too.

Quote Originally Posted by seungki View Post
    Does anyone have any opinions on what the best video converter is?

I'd like to convert my videos to mp4s with ease. Thanks!
    I've been using a cracked version of cucusoft ultimate dvd converter & it's pretty good seeing as you don't have to rip then convert,it converts the dvd directly. Videora was my first choice of converter and it works really well except for the 100% cpu usage but its free and it does the job. Those are my picks because the end result on the phone shows really clean. P.S. has any1 tried that rca cable that allows you to stream your movies from phone to tv? Would like to know if it's worth investing in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipirate View Post
    I've been using a cracked version of cucusoft ultimate dvd converter & it's pretty good seeing as you don't have to rip then convert,it converts the dvd directly. Videora was my first choice of converter and it works really well except for the 100% cpu usage but its free and it does the job. Those are my picks because the end result on the phone shows really clean. P.S. has any1 tried that rca cable that allows you to stream your movies from phone to tv? Would like to know if it's worth investing in.
    How much does it cost?
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a mac and use visualHub (the pro version of iSquint)

It works great. It can convert just about anything. Allows you to set a quality preference. Its pretty user friendly. And also there are advanced options if you know what your doing. Also, it doesn't clog your cpu if your doing other things. (and will run full speed if run alone)

The Serial is in the "Serial Box"
    Last edited by desepticon; 2008-03-20 at 06:25 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipirate View Post
    i have the component wire connection for iphone it was 50 bucks in apple store and it works well but the picture isnt that great on my 32" lcd tv.well what i expect when i have most of the movies converted to small low qualities so i can get couple of them to iphone. actually now trying to do better quality coz i upgrade to 16gb so i can fit more there so hopefully it will be pretty good picture now.i dont really use the connector but sometimes it might come handy on some "out of home" events...