Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Streaming

Default Streaming
    Hello, I just bought my iPhone yesterday and have already jailbroken and modded it. I absolutely love this thing and its capabilities, however I am disappointed in the safari restrictions, more specifically its lack of plugins.

I'd like to know if there are any plugins that allows users to watch streaming videos? I used a flash player I found in Cydia for watching youtube in full quality, but a lot of sites still do not work.

Is there something that supports video formats in the browser for sites such as ustream, hulu, channelsurfing.net, etc...

All I can find through internet searching is news about adobe working on a flash player and hulu eventually releasing an app.

Any information would be appreciated!

Drew

Best thing right now is "imobilecinema"

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am using imobilecinema actually, but most videos do not play. I get a "play" icon (sideways triangle) with a no sign through it... I assume this is because imobilecinema does not support the video format maybe?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

nothing on hulu will work

Yeah that is my experience as well. I guess what I am wondering is if there is a plugin that makes sites like these work?

I would think that being able to watch streaming video sources via the iPhone would be a high priority for a ton of users, definitely enough to justify a little r&d =P.

Yea there's nothing yet...mobilecinema is the best I've seen...I watch full movies on megavideo and series it does the job 4 me

What is megavideo? I just did a quick search in Cydia and nothing came up. Maybe I need the repository?

My main gripe is missing football games while I am out. I work/travel/college pretty much 24/7 and I'd love to not miss football haha

Thanks

Get a slingbox

Unfortunately a slingbox is a little too pricey for me at the moment.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    nothing on hulu will work
    The Head of Hulu officially announced that they are working on an app for the iphone....... they are just taking a long *** time so I hope it will be good.

Thanks

I heard that. Can't wait