Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Make a Copy of DVD Movies on Mac

Default How to Make a Copy of DVD Movies on Mac
    I have at hand a great number of DVD movie collections, and some of them are very old. I have to take good care of these old DVD discs. However, exactly last Sunday, when I wanted to watch a movie, one of my favorite DVD movies became eternally unusable as it was over-scratched.

While accepting the fact, it is necessary for me to find an active and effective way to solve the problem. If I had had an extra copy of the disc, I could still enjoy the movie. So I guess whether there exist such programs that backup DVD movies to blank DVD discs so that I can still take the copy out even if the original disc is broken or out of use. I made a Google search for them and my final target was Wondershare DVD Copy for Mac. I only wanted to backup those old DVD movies. What frustrated me was that the majority of them are copyright protected and the other applications I found were not able to copy the DVD movies. However, this program helped me out. It can remove the protection mechanisms for me and I can make another copy of my movies.

Besides, I also have several VIDEO_TS folders that were ripped from several DVD's before. I thought this was able to keep the DVD movies, however, I found this help me nothing but take up much hard drive space. In the end, I burnt these ripped files to DVD's again.

So you see, this Mac application really lent me a helping hand. Now, I don't need to worry about how to save the DVD discs' life even if they are terminally unusable. And I don't need to rip the DVD's to my computer in order to back up them. And for you, I am sure you can find it more useful and helpful. Well worth a shot, in one word.

I like Handbrake and Mac the Ripper... both excellent free apps.

mac the ripper and then use toast to burn it. Also this is not really iphone related so it should be on a mac forum

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Handbrake is the best. it has the settings for the iphone in it already.
    http://handbrake.fr/?article=download both mac and windows!

Here's how I'm doing it:

1. Rip the DVD with Mac The Ripper, the files are placed on your hard drive.
    2. Use HandBrake to convert the ripped DVD into a MP2 encoded with H.264.
    3. Import the MP4 into iTunes.
    4. Sync your iPhone and you have the DVD on it.

Have have a break down of doing this a few ways at: http://www.teachlinux.com:8080/iPhone

If you have an iPhone just go to http://www.teachlinux.com:8080 the website will format it so your iPhone likes the site.

HtH,

Denis
    What, I upgraded to 1.1.2 and now my iPhone is bricked?

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

any serial for a pay program can be found in the "serial box"
    they update monthly
    google for it
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

HandBrake or Mac the Ripper. Both fine