Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP - Want to upload a TV series on Iphone

Default HELP - Want to upload a TV series on Iphone
    Need some help with this one.

Girlfriend is going on a long trip, and wants a full season (Gossip Girl) on her iphone for those long flights. I have the Season, its 10 episodes, each episode in avi format and around 350mb in filesize.

I understand that i need to convert the avi files to mp4 or something like that, but what software should i use, and what bitrate can i use for good quality, still beeing able to upload the full season on a 4GB iphone. Ideally, 100mb per episode?

please help with some software and settings i should use for this. Tried a few software to convert to mp4 before, but got some audio sync issues.

some guidance please!

thanks!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

PC or mac?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bonefish View Post
    Need some help with this one.

Girlfriend is going on a long trip, and wants a full season (Gossip Girl) on her iphone for those long flights. I have the Season, its 10 episodes, each episode in avi format and around 350mb in filesize.

thanks!!
    Best idea? Use Itunes itself. Feed your movies into Itunes, right-click on them and select "Convert Selection for iPod/iPhone". This will give you the best results.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

since these files are .avi, itunes is a good idea, that way you don't have to get extra software (I don't know why I didn't think of that...)

I use another piece of software though, so that I can convert files not played by quicktime (like .mkv) and also so that I can set the quality to higher - takes up a bit more space, but I output to TV a lot with my shows, so the higher quality is worth it.
    All this matters to you only if you ever in the future want to do more than just these gossip girl files for your girlfriend.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by annaj View Post
    I use another piece of software though, so that I can convert files not played by quicktime (like .mkv) and also so that I can set the quality to higher - takes up a bit more space, but I output to TV a lot with my shows, so the higher quality is worth it.
    In that case, use "Convert Selection for AppleTV". When I want the quality better or not so great, I usually use the Quicktime Export function. For ripping from DVD, I usually use either HandBrake or Cinematize.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.