Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TV shows and Sync

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Default TV shows and Sync
    When I had the 1.0.2 firmware, when I saw an episode of a TV show on the iPhone, it asked me if I wanted to delete it to save space. Now on 1.1.1 it doesn't and i have to delete it from my MacBook (I have to "watch it" again for the iphone to recognize it as watched). Also, I noticed that now they are listed from las new to old (11, 10, 9, etc) instead of from first to last... Any feedback on this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you can still delete the video from your iphone:
    when you are in your list of videos, press your finger on the file you want to delete,
    and slide it to the right without lifting it - a delete button will appear to the right.
    (this works in most of the iphone screens too)

when you sync your phone, it should update your mac with whatever videos you have watched. if you haven't synced it, itunes will show the video as being unwatched,
    but one you sync, that blue dot should disappear.

i'm not sure about the listing,
    i have noticed that when i sync tv shows, their is no option to sync the first x# of unwatched shows in the series. that would make more sense to me - why would i want to watch one of the episodes that came after one that I haven't seen?
    What I end up doing is just telling it to sync all unwatched, and it starts from the beginning, and then when it gets to whatever number I want (lets say, the 3rd ep) I just cancel the sync - the once already synced will stay on the phone.
    Last edited by annaj; 2007-12-07 at 02:07 AM. Reason: typo

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annaj For This Useful Post:

alpawa (2007-12-07), iPhoneRogue (2007-12-07)

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you! I did not know that way of deleting. About the listing, I guess its no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone.

I've had issues with deleting a show from my iPhone. But then, a day or two later, it shows up again in my videos list. This is WITHOUT syncing up to iTunes.

When you play the video, it turns out to be an empty shell. But, for some reason, the iPhone's iPod insists on bringing it back onto the list.

This was happening a lot in 1.1.1, but now it's happened once in 1.1.2 as well.

Anyone else had this experience?