Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ModMyi.com is All New . . . take 3ish

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

While I appreciate all the hard work and the desire to make the site better, this isn't improved in my opinion. I personally preferred the look of the old site much better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    click forums then its in the little box next to user cp
    But I can not seem to find any way in a Thread to check New Posts? The Jailbreaking Thread under iPhone/Jaillbreak/mod etc, if I go to the Thread by iAnnie, I do not see how to View new Posts.

I could not even locate any posts by me if I searched under Advanced Username

PS: I like the old format better as well, just my opinion
    Please consider the environment prior to printing

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    I'm not sure how its better
    It isnt. Lighter, Thinner, Faster?

Should be Whiter, Unorganized, Slower. I really feel like MMi is taking a huge step backward with this upgrade and I hope the theme changes really soon. I'm not trying to be a **** or anything, I just feel highly dissapointed. The theme/user interface on this site was one of the main things that kept me coming onto this site. Everything was so organized and styled. Made things so much easier.

But enough of my opinions, why was this update even needed?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why has there been a significant drop in reader activity on MMi since the relaunch?
    It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the terrible interface, layout and functionality of the "new" design.....could it?

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Update coming soon!
    It does appear to be looking better. I am wondering, though, when RSS functionality will be fully re-enabled like it was previously. I have seen two items in the past few days show up in iPhone News RSS in rather erratic fashion, and nearly all others are empty. I realize that most of you are busy working on various parts, but would it be very much trouble to request that it be re-enabled so those of us who enjoy using this facility can once again do so? Thank you.
    Last edited by szr; 2011-06-02 at 03:54 AM.

thanks for bringing the BLUE back to the site ! much better now !

i hate the new site.

It's getting better and they are still working on it see https://twitter.com/modmyi/status/76383230533701632
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    It's getting better and they are still working on it see https://twitter.com/modmyi/status/76383230533701632
    Correct. They are back from their trip and have been working down the to-do list. And they are also listening to member's ideas and trying to get the site to what member's are more comfortable with while still having a new look. So please let them know your ideas.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (2011-06-06)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delizaza23 View Post
    i hate the new site.
    ditto...
    hate white backgrounds - too harsh on the eyes - maybe they will add theming so we can customize our screens

Thanks

I must agree with everyone... This white is killing my eyes... I have to turn the brightness on my screen all the way down just so I don't have to squint!

I liked the old a LOT better. I also miss my RSS feed on my homescreen. Hopefully the new/mix will have more blue or color on the background and maybe just white in the middle...

I agree with everyone...
    All the improvements have been in vain. You are all worthless and should burn in hell for trying to improve things.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    While I appreciate all the hard work and the desire to make the site better, this isn't improved in my opinion. I personally preferred the look of the old site much better.
    I agree. I don't like this plain white look at all. I know it is a matter of time until we will have to get used to it, but there is something terribly wrong going on here. Something here keeps refreshing my browsers and it doesn't matter whether I'm using a desktop browsers or mobile browsers. This refresh thing doesn't allow me to type anything using iPhone's safari, so I can't log in.

edit:... and I haven't received any email notifications since that change took place.

BTW I'd a choice of themes. I prefer dark background with white fonts. Reading sites at night in dark isn't fun with white background.
    Last edited by zYxMa; 2011-06-05 at 12:05 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

I have posted in places since the upgrade, and can't even find my own post. I look in a thread, which reports to have multiple replies, and the only one that shows is the first one. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but if so, I am not a newby, so I can only imagine what someone new to the site is experiencing. It will be interesting if I can see this post!

Edit - I can. So, I'm not sure why I can't see the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks12 View Post
    I also miss my RSS feed on my homescreen
    I too am wondering why is going to happen with the RSS feeds. This is something that normally only takes a few min to reactivate, providing there isn't some strange glitch there - I wonder since some of the RSS feeds for individual forums seem to have only 2 or 3 posts in them, from rather erratic/inconsistent dates, and some are just empty. All I'd like to know is what's going on with it. Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

how do i get it on some threads it says showing 1 post of 32 but i dont see my post or any of the other ones?

I get the same thing. I replied to a post and it's showing 16 replies but when I open it mine is the only one showing and yes I've refreshed it also. I just wish the old site could come back, this one is slow and I get token errors at times and I can't see all the posts. I'm using the latest firefox browser BTW.

Any word on the Mobile version guys? Time frame? Or the mail notifications? No rush just curious.

Lets take a vote and see how many users want the old site back

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Lets take a vote and see how many users want the old site back
    Why? It's not going to happen.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast