Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 428

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: ModMyi.com is All New . . . take 3ish

  1. #261
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Goof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    688
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 53 Times in 50 Posts

    I am just waiting for the iPad App.

  2. #262
    iPhone? More like MyPhone phoenix81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    Garbage..... I want my app back

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    woohoo we can get to older news posts now!

    Still not liking the user/post stats hidden in drop-down link. At least make the posting date and time both visible on every post. Having the stats underneath the avatar usually works well for most forums and is kinda where most people are probably used to looking for that information.
    It prevents people who have JavaScript turned off from seeing them at all, which may be something to consider as well. Basic information about a post or author shouldn't only be available if scripting is enabled.

  4. #264
    another option I just started messing with is using stylish in either firefox or chrome and it give you as an end user some flexability, it's not perfect but it's a start
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2011-05-25-11.36.58-pm.png  

    "We are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves"
    Gone Baby Gone

  5. #265
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Cody Overcash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,920
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

    As we have said repeatedly throughout this thread and to many who have contacted us directly at various times we /are/ working on it and unfortunately /had/ to go live with the unfinished product.

    Many of the things that have been less than constructively pointed out have been on our list of things to do since before most of you noticed them.

    For the sake of once again covering some of the more popular issues:
    - no we haven't lost thanks counts and yes they will be back when we get to that. for those of you that have posted things along the lines of "my life is over if the thanks count doesn't show, i hate you, i hope you die, b/c thanks currently is missing you will lose all members and i am over this site and never coming back, i'm going to find out where you live and tp your house" please kindly ignore this post, follow through with your threats to leave the site, and don't return
    -stats dropdown will be removed, stats in individual posts will be implemented in a similar manner as the old design
    - yes the mobile app is broken, yes we are aware, yes we have a fix to be submitted to Apple asap

    No the old design will never come back. Yes the default theme will be mostly white. It is /very/ likely that we will provide a few other options to choose from with a bit more color/contrast with a nice darker grey background or a darker blue background, etc. Other style/color options if they are to happen will /not/ happen before we have fixed everything else that is on our list. So far we have fixed around 30 out of over 60 issues that we are aware of.

    If you have found a bug or obvious issue with the site that HASN'T previously been mentioned in this thread we welcome constructive feedback so please post up.

    emailing/pming/posting about things already beaten to death only takes our time to check and slows down progress

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

    lao3hero (2011-05-26), Simon (2011-05-26)

  7. #266
    Now's not the best time for a smart comment?

    People do tend to over react and I'm sure it will be great when it's finished.

    One thing I haven't seen mentioned (much) is the two different views - the thanks button is big and obvious on the forum view and small and orange on tehg News view - and it's not always obvious which way you have accessed posts. When you'sve finished with all your other tweaks a bit of normalisation might help.

    Keep up the good work and don't let them get to you!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  8. #267
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Haarlem
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    Holy balls. Its way different now lol.. Gonna take some getting used to.
    Gonna Defiantly agree on that, only time will tell if I like it or not

  9. #268
    Can we have the "new posts" link back ON the new posts page? I leave it open and just refresh. when its timed put and I get "search item could not be found" or whatever it says when I refresh after being away for a while, I used to be able to just hit the link. Now I gotta refresh, then go to forums and THEN hit new posts. There must be an easier way of getting to new posts from new posts.

    And I don't care about the App Store app I just wanna be able to view comfortably in safari. Is that asking too much ???!

    Responses please!!!! Ops
    Cheets

  10. #269
    For some reason a news story brought up from the home page news feed will only show 1 or 2 responses, even though many more exist. I didn't notice this happening yesterday. Is this a new issue that has recently come up?

  11. #270
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by marko111 View Post
    Can we have the "new posts" link back ON the new posts page? I leave it open and just refresh. when its timed put and I get "search item could not be found" or whatever it says when I refresh after being away for a while, I used to be able to just hit the link. Now I gotta refresh, then go to forums and THEN hit new posts. There must be an easier way of getting to new posts from new posts.

    And I don't care about the App Store app I just wanna be able to view comfortably in safari. Is that asking too much ???!

    Responses please!!!! Ops
    Cheets
    That is on the to do list already.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    marko111 (2011-05-26)

  13. #271
    I've come here twice since the redesign. Once the day that it first came up and just now to see if the version I saw was broken. Now I'm horrified to find that it's supposed to look like this. I've already deleted modmyi from my bookmarks. Guess I'll just find somewhere else to for this sort of thing.

  14. #272
    Can we vote to go back to the old forum style, this "new" one bites. Sorry

  15. #273
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    685
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 188 Times in 142 Posts

    I only stop back so often to see what has been updated with the new version!

  16. #274
    I must say modmyi this new version is VERY disappointing. First of all the advertisements take up almost half the page sometimes and are really obnoxious. The ads also have a nasty side effect of cutting off pictures in the posts. Secondly, the color scheme was much prettier before. This new color scheme looks ugly and I hate the fact that the posts don't all get their own "box" anymore. Overall, i have come here less and less now, and if I was a new visitor, I would certainly be turned away by this unprofessional look. Another huge think to is that it is now incompatible with your iTouch/iPhone application; seriously, this is modmyI, as in iPhone, iPad, and all thinks now incompatible. I know it is very unlikely to happen, but please, can we switch back by any chance?

  17. #275
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Berea, KY
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't think the new design is so bad. There are a few little aesthetic issues, but otherwise once you get used to it things are about the same.

    I haven't been here that long though, so..

  18. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
    I don't think the new design is so bad. There are a few little aesthetic issues, but otherwise once you get used to it things are about the same.

    I haven't been here that long though, so..
    Well everyone has got their own opinion so that's alright. However, you said you haven't been here that long, so the old might not be too ingrained in your mind. Here's a nice picture of the old look for comparison.
    http://domainsoutlook.com/cache/thumb/m/modmyi.com.png

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamemaster77 For This Useful Post:

    lao3hero (2011-05-27)

  20. #277
    i dont mind the colours at all. the white kinda looks fresh. but frames around posts would be nice, and a few of the old features back (which i take it seem to be in the pipeline). my biggest gripe is that its almost impossible on safari on the phone. i need the mobile site version, but dont know how long that is going to take.

  21. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    Well everyone has got their own opinion so that's alright. However, you said you haven't been here that long, so the old might not be too ingrained in your mind. Here's a nice picture of the old look for comparison.
    http://domainsoutlook.com/cache/thumb/m/modmyi.com.png
    Aww.. I miss that interface

  22. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Overcash View Post
    As we have said repeatedly throughout this thread and to many who have contacted us directly at various times we /are/ working on it and unfortunately /had/ to go live with the unfinished product.

    Many of the things that have been less than constructively pointed out have been on our list of things to do since before most of you noticed them.

    For the sake of once again covering some of the more popular issues:
    - no we haven't lost thanks counts and yes they will be back when we get to that. for those of you that have posted things along the lines of "my life is over if the thanks count doesn't show, i hate you, i hope you die, b/c thanks currently is missing you will lose all members and i am over this site and never coming back, i'm going to find out where you live and tp your house" please kindly ignore this post, follow through with your threats to leave the site, and don't return
    -stats dropdown will be removed, stats in individual posts will be implemented in a similar manner as the old design
    - yes the mobile app is broken, yes we are aware, yes we have a fix to be submitted to Apple asap

    No the old design will never come back. Yes the default theme will be mostly white. It is /very/ likely that we will provide a few other options to choose from with a bit more color/contrast with a nice darker grey background or a darker blue background, etc. Other style/color options if they are to happen will /not/ happen before we have fixed everything else that is on our list. So far we have fixed around 30 out of over 60 issues that we are aware of.

    If you have found a bug or obvious issue with the site that HASN'T previously been mentioned in this thread we welcome constructive feedback so please post up.

    emailing/pming/posting about things already beaten to death only takes our time to check and slows down progress
    Wow, I understand that threats are not cool at all, but for you to continually push some main contributors away from this site is unbelievable! I'm sure you don't really give a crap, but I can't even look at this site for five minutes without wanting to close the the cover on my mac. Is the new design cleaner... sure, but if one can't stand to even visit the site, does it really matter? Surely it's all about the amount of CASH going into your pocket. The theme section which I'm sure is probably the most visited section on this site has come to a crawl. People don't like the blank design, plain and simple. Bring in some contrast and you will silence many of the negative comments. After seeing your comments don't be surprised if even more people take that walk you so desperately seem to want people to take.
    <img src=http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/hurst88/Sigpic1.png border=0 alt= />

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to 88hurst For This Useful Post:

    lao3hero (2011-05-27)

  24. #280
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Cody Overcash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,920
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 88hurst View Post
    Wow, I understand that threats are not cool at all, but for you to continually push some main contributors away from this site is unbelievable! I'm sure you don't really give a crap, but I can't even look at this site for five minutes without wanting to close the the cover on my mac. Is the new design cleaner... sure, but if one can't stand to even visit the site, does it really matter? Surely it's all about the amount of CASH going into your pocket. The theme section which I'm sure is probably the most visited section on this site has come to a crawl. People don't like the blank design, plain and simple. Bring in some contrast and you will silence many of the negative comments. After seeing your comments don't be surprised if even more people take that walk you so desperately seem to want people to take.
    Did you just simply not bother reading my entire post? It's comments like yours which make us not interested in opinions. I state that we're planning on add options with more color/contrast (based on the feedback we've received) and then you tell me that I'm pushing everyone away. Thanks for the baseless accusations, appreciated and noted.

    Quote Originally Posted by myself, which you quoted
    No the old design will never come back. Yes the default theme will be mostly white. It is /very/ likely that we will provide a few other options to choose from with a bit more color/contrast with a nice darker grey background or a darker blue background, etc. Other style/color options if they are to happen will /not/ happen before we have fixed everything else that is on our list. So far we have fixed around 30 out of over 60 issues that we are aware of.
    the really ironic thing about all of this is I personally am the least pleased here at modmy with this theme (really like the homepage but absolutely hate showthread), and probably the biggest supporter of more theme options, but the way in which users like 88hurst here choose to present themselves makes me the least motivated to do anything

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •