Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 6 Live Video Stream was a Disaster

Default Apple's iPhone 6 Live Video Stream was a Disaster

• I patiently waited (six months? A year?) until 3 minutes to 12pm est, booted up the Apple Live Video Presentation page and was greeted by Your Browser Does Not Support Our Live Video Stream. Hmm, okay. Fine print says it's only available on Mac OSX.

• Oh, but wait! It's available on the iPad running iOS 6 and above!

• Go to the same page on the iPad -> video glitches out after two minutes and shows An Error Has Occurred.

• But wait! Available on Apple TV! (at this point I've missed the first 10 minutes)

• Go to the Live Events section of Apple TV and yes, there it is, and -> five minutes later it glitches out and An Error Has Occurred

And the cherry on top is the fact that even when it was working it was annoying because there was some Chinese woman speaking at the same time, making it very hard to listen to what was being said.

What a disaster
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenshot.14.png  

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Had all the same issues, but after refreshing several times on my iMac it worked. Missed first 10 minutes same as you.
    Also was trying on my iPad Air with same results.

Weird, huh? I wonder if they got DDoS attacked.

It was a poor job by a company outside of Apple who was not prepared for the sheer volumes of Internet traffic they were about to receive.