Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Major flaw detected in iPhones with vodaphone

Default Major flaw detected in iPhones with vodaphone
    I have found a major flaw with vodaphone locked iPhone 4's. The problem lies within roaming on the vodaphone network in germany. I have a iPhone 4 with vodaphone. My iPhone (Irish) while roaming in Germany does not work on 3G with alot of websites. Around 60% of the
    Websites via 3G does not work including Facebook and all Facebook 3rd party apps. I went aopple story Munich genius today hoping they would fix the issue. The genius showed it to 7 other genius's and they where all baffled. They said that they have never seen this problem before. They gave me a new iPhone 4 and said they hoped the problem would go away but it didnt. Originaly u thought it was a jailbreak issue, but the apple store gave me a new iPhone yet there was still the same issue. The issue was that I could not use half the internet while roaming, also all Facebook apps and apps store. When I tried to go on certain websites they would change the ip
    Address (ex. http://10.163.18.69:80/XMPBlocked/ho...-1_under15.wml). Apple gave me a new iPhone and when that did not fix the problem they told me to go to vodaphone. When I went to vodaphone they told me to go to apple yet I told they it was a 2 minute old iPhone and It was not an issue with the iPhone. The VD Germany told me to contact VD Ireland when I did it baffled them and they did not know what the problem was. This issue happens on every carrier I use while roaming. The vodaphone Germany people said I should change the VPN while the genius said this is "buls1t". And when I have a locked VD phone I can not change the VPN. This problem only happens on 3G and on wifi work perfectly. Pretty much i have a unfixable problem on my iPhone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Well its not the iPhone its the carrier you chose 100%

I got 2 solutions

First
    Move to US

Second
    Sell me your iPhone at half the price you payed for it

If this maid you chuckle inside please thank me on site lol

Another pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

I used to live in SD Cali, now I live in dublin and ya I know it's fully the carrier! I can not access the majority of the web.

Have you ever heard of a thing called Google?

Vodafone Ireland block content for under 15 year olds deemed unsuitable. If you are not under 15 they will remove the block.

Why waste time typing up such a post when you can't even be bothered to Google?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

First I'm 18....
    Second that is not the reason. Dope!

First - Why does being 18 preclude you from using Google?

Second - you are being redirected to Vodafone.ie's content blocking server, if it's not an age restriction block then it is some other content block - but if you learned to use Google you would know that.

Third - why do we want to know you are on Dope?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

This is NOT NEWS!!!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    This is NOT NEWS!!!
    Isn't that my line usually?

I'm saying why would they put a content block in someone they know is 18. And if it is such a simple problem to figure out when then when I called vodaphone Ireland did they not fix it, and where not exactly sure on the issue?

Lots of companies put blocks on by default unless you ask for them to take it off.
    Vodafone used to be Eircell - when I was with them their CS wasn't the best I've ever experienced....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like a DNS issue