Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YourTube 2.0

Default YourTube 2.0
    RedmondPie Article

Finally! After a long wait, YourTube app has been updated to version 2.0, bringing full iOS 4.x support for jailbroken iOS devices including the support for iPhone 4 Retina Display and iPad. Not only can you now download YouTube videos on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, but you can now also import all your downloaded video in iPod app seamlessly! This new feature is dubbed as “Gremlin” and will also be available later for other Cydia apps such as Safari Download Manager and Attachment Saver.
    YourTube 2.0 is newly re-designed for iOS 4. It includes a host of stability fixes, improved memory management, improved download speeds, and fixes for the nasty iOS 4 sandbox. And don’t forget the ability to import your downloaded videos into the iPod library.

YourTube 2.0 for iPhone / iPod touch and the updated version of YourTube HD for iPad are both available on Cydia. If you purchased YourTube version 1.0 after July 1st, you are entitled for a free upgrade. If you bought it before July, you are still entitled for a 80% discount. Upgrade from version 1.0 to 2.0 costs $1 only.

You will of course need to have a jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to install it. Follow our step by step guide posted here to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with JailbreakMe if you haven’t already.

Make sure you check out our iPhone Apps Gallery and iPad Apps Gallery to explore more apps for your iPhone and iPad. [Thanks to misc for the hat tip via Twitter]

DISCLAIMER: This article is for information purposes only. Downloading videos from YouTube is not supported by the YouTube Terms of Service. YourTube and YourTube HD maybe violating this TOS. Use it at your own risk only.
    I personally am having issues with a few sources in Cydia at the moment. I can't get Cydia to update. I'm liking the new import feature. Hopefully iTunes syncs the videos
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 2010-09-05 at 01:24 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I was terribly disappointed with the lack of support for yourtube version 1, and had given it up long ago, while finding aTube to be much better. The worst problem was the inability to write out the file at the end of download, wasting lots of my precious download quota. Pleas for help wad completely ignored by the developer. Therefore I'm not jumping into version 2 until I'm sure it works error free first.

I just tried and it out and it works fine. $5 is a little steep considering MxTube (MiTube) is free. The only feature it adds is importing into your iTunes library but iTunes doesn't detect them. I was hoping it would sync them to my computer. I'm sick of ripping my music videos from bonus DVDs I've purhcased. So all in all, you are paying $5 for iPod library importing and obviously support inside the native YouTube application.
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 2010-09-05 at 02:06 PM.

Why link to an article on that awful, awful site rather than directly to CocoaNuts | Crack team of Tweakologists
    The update is free to users who purchased after 1st July and only $1 for those of us who purchased before.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

That site publishes so much rubbish it's unbelievable.
    But as you stoop so low as too steal apps I guess you just don't care.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    That site publishes so much rubbish it's unbelievable.
    But as you stoop so low as too steal apps I guess you just don't care.
    I didn't steal. I bought it. I just wanted to try out the iPod import feature. I saw the $5 price tag so I figured I'd try it out first. I just think that if you're going to charge that much you deserve at least a 24 hour trial.

What sites would you recommend for JB updates? I have the iEvolution and DailyiPhoneBlog RSS feeds in Newsrack. I am following @cydiaupdates on Twitter. I just need to turn on text messages for their tweets. Half the time when I open Osfoora there are so many tweets I miss stuff.

Osfoora was worth the $3. I'm so pissed I wasted $5 on Twitteriffic when they're having so many issues lately. Ugh... That's another story though

humm
    the only problem i seem to be having is very small
    it is one video that dont want to seem to go from my downloads menu :S
    but otherwise excellent app

Mine doesn't work at all. Ive reinstalled and uninstalled rebooted. Still no go. What makes it even worse is that I can't even watch YouTube period. It locks to portrait mode and only plays sound. With every video. Same with watching a video thru safari.

I'm looking for a dev contact for a little support.

Thanks
    I find that the App "Downloads" or Downloads Lite, in the App Store, does the same thing just as easilly. You can save it to file or your camera roll, email it, or transfer it to your computer via iTunes.