Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A defect with iPhone 4 Screen/Casing

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Unhappy A defect with iPhone 4 Screen/Casing
    I noticed this yesterday, pushing on the left side of my screen in the middle and releasing creates a little sticking sound like walking on a sticky floor. It is only on the left side and isn't as much troublesome but more of annoyance.

I am curious am I alone in experiencing this or has anyone else discovered this as well. I've never dropped my iPhone and got it 4 days after launch so I consider this a manufacturing defect.

Video:
    http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/...228055221&ev=0

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

not here, take it back but they will most likely blame you for dropping it. If don't have any scuffs then you will have a good case.

Did you try cleaning the screen lol? Sounds like you have some residue probably from a screen protector or something you ate on your fingers lol. Just wipe down the screen with SOME water, note don't give your iPhone a shower it will wreck it lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Who sits there and does this to their phone??!!?? Are you a former crack addict? I had a buddy on crack that would sit there and nitpick carpet until the fibers were as clean as the day the carpet was made. I don't know what ever happened to that guy, but I hope he didn't but an i4!!

(dave??????)

HA!

Thanks

Okay geniuses, the screen does it every time I use it. I don't just sit there pushing it, it was the only way to demo the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Who sits there and does this to their phone??!!?? Are you a former crack addict? I had a buddy on crack that would sit there and nitpick carpet until the fibers were as clean as the day the carpet was made. I don't know what ever happened to that guy, but I hope he didn't but an i4!!

(dave??????)

HA!
    Wow if my productivity skyrocketed like that on drugs, crack might not be a bad idea!!!!

What's the deal with busting the guys balls ?
    He posted a perfectly reasonable question FFS.

Anyway.
    Dude, it may be related to the yellow screen issue - attributed to uncured glue under the screen.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneThereforeIAm For This Useful Post:

Retell (2010-08-13)

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't watch the vid

Thanks

I'll try to get the video up on YouTube.

Thanks for the info iPhoneThereforeIAm. I may call Apple support later today because I can't get into the store.