Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4g jailbreakMe mobile terminal not working

Question 4g jailbreakMe mobile terminal not working
    just J/B my iphone 4g with jailbreakMe.com ,installed PDF Loader Warner but MobileTerminal will not start at all so im unable to change Root Password from alpine etc, is this a big problem, on 3gs this was as all newbs told this is a must after J/B. Any advise would be great thanks

I had the same problem, there is a fix

Add cydia.xsellize .com to your source list

there is a iSO4 beta version, if it doesn't show after downloading then reboot, i have tried it and its working.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nips_19 For This Useful Post:

kaapstad82 (2010-08-04)

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaapstad82 View Post
    just J/B my iphone 4g with jailbreakMe.com ,installed PDF Loader Warner but MobileTerminal will not start at all so im unable to change Root Password from alpine etc, is this a big problem, on 3gs this was as all newbs told this is a must after J/B. Any advise would be great thanks
    Open Cydia choose Search then type in RockApp and install it!

I think it will reboot the phone, can't remember, but open Rock and it will tell you that your root password is Alpine and tell you that it needs to be changed and you choose change and a window will come up and ask for you to enter a new password and type what you want the password to be, and be sure to remember it or write it down, once you input a new password it will verify that the password has been changed!

You can search Cydia and there is a Mobil Terminal for Ios4 which is a beta which means it can mess up but so far it has not for me!

I use Ifunbox, which is a lot like Windows explorer!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to area51crypto For This Useful Post:

kaapstad82 (2010-08-04)

Cheers Nips 19, that did the trick. how do i now open WinSCP428 from PC i've installed toggle SSH but cant find Automatic SSH in cydia so not connecting thanks again for any help

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The_13th_Plague For This Useful Post:

kaapstad82 (2010-08-05)

Cheers overjjrk thats it all sorted now, jailbreakMe.com , installed PDF Loader ,add cydia.************* to your source list in cydia, add mobile terminal iOS4, change root password, download WinSCP then goto above post to SSH into device, this should be as standard for any new J/B cheers guys for your help

Glad it worked out for you! Personally all I needed to do was jb, then follow the guide I linked to. But, these things always differ for whatever reason!