Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pay to jb and unlock.

Default Pay to jb and unlock.
    Ok so I am walking around the mall the other day and I seen a kiosk in the middle of a aisle. Ten bucks to unlock iPhones. That was the biggest sign, but they also unlock other phones. How interested would people be in calling them and asking if they unlock iPhones and then ask why they charge for freeware. I already embarresed the lady there in person. I can get there number in day or two and post it if anyone will call and complain.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

what makes me laugh is people go to those people expecting miracles and sometimes, sometimes they can unlock/jailbreak... but you have a problem or need to update and POOF that 10-15 has become worthless. Off you go to get it done again...?
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

If they are making it clear that the software is free and what they are charging for is their knowledge and they are not making any claims about being able to unlock things that can't be unlocked, is it unreasonable?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (2010-07-24), soulthoughts (2010-07-27)

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    If they are making it clear that the software is free and what they are charging for is their knowledge and they are not making any claims about being able to unlock things that can't be unlocked, is it unreasonable?
    That's the way I see it, they aren't really charging for the freeware but the labor and knowledge to do it for people who don't want to take the risk of doing it themselves. If you watch the Jay Freeman interview posted he pretty much says the same thing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Browning151 For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (2010-07-24)

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I do it all the time...people are afraid to screw something up and times are tuff today I have a wife and 3 kids to care for so if I could make a few extra bucks a month Its fine by me..ITS NOT MY FAULT they cant google "HOW DO I JAILBREAK iPHONE"
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mr.sparky For This Useful Post:

Retell (2010-07-27)

Ya I understand all thy and it is the land of the free but they are claiming it is software that they write and I just highly doubt that. I was told check back in a week or two for 4.0. Maybe they are writing the software I geuss it's just seems like they are waiting for spirit

If they arte claiming it is software they write they are lying and should be reported -in the UK we have trading standards, I'm not sure who you would report too in the USA
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I would say the better business burea. Maybe I should just take my laptop and stand next to them and do them for free. Hmm that seems to much like work. Just wanted to hear some opinions cause it is the first storefront I have seen advertising and that is the only service they provide. Have other people seen stores like this?
    Last edited by Aliquippakid; 2010-07-25 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Miss spell

Report them. they are stating falsehoods if they are claiming the software is theirs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see any problem as a lot of people need to have someone else do it for them! Then you would not see Help I am stuck at Apple logo!

I doubt they are saying that they wrote the software as these people probality don't care who just that it is done and only cost them $10!

If they know enough to want an unlock or Jailbroken then I am sure they know the software is free and with the free software is "We will not be responsable if you screw up your phone trailer" that alone scares a lot of people!

All they are doing is the manual labor for $10!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

In this life you are paid for what you know. If you know something another guy doesn't you will make the money he won't make. May be the difference in a free cup of coffee, may be a $5,000 stock tip.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-07-25)

10 bucks to unlock a phone is pretty reasonable. No matter how easy JB/Unlock gets, some people will still need help, or just not trust themselves to do it. My parents both have Iphones, and neither has ever used Itunes or even plugged their phones into a computer. No way they would understand jailbreaking.

thats a good price, when i got my first iphone i paid 20):

They make enough money doing this to establish a business at your local mall? The people living in your area must be dense as hell.