Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update on class action lawsuit against apples Iphone4

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Update on class action lawsuit against apples Iphone4
    Dear Friends:

Thank you. On Friday, Apple announced that it will take the first steps toward making things right since the introduction of the iPhone 4. After we announced our investigation into the matter, our firm was shocked by the initial overwhelming response from iPhone 4 users who reported reception problems, and puzzled by Apple's unfortunate response--"hold it differently" or "buy a bumper". On Friday, Apple's CEO Steve Jobs announced that the company will apparently provide free "bumper" cases, or equivalent third-party cases, for all iPhone 4 owners, and reimburse customers who already bought "bumpers" for their new phones. Full refunds for undamaged phones will apparently be available for 30 days after purchase, and there will be no fees for early contract termination for returned phones. This process is supposed to be unveiled on Apple's website next week, and we will let you know when you can begin applying for your cases or refunds.

Many questions remain, and in our opinion Apple sold a flawed phone, and marketed it as if it were flawless. However, we are glad and thankful that, by hearing from all of you, by filing the first case against Apple for the iPhone 4 in the Northern District of California, and by pursuing an appropriate remedy for consumers, we put the pressure on Apple to concede, however reluctantly, that Apple customers deserve a better deal. It remains to be seen what will happen to the many cases that have been filed against Apple, but today I think we can say that the system is working. All of you recognized this problem long before Apple acknowledged there was one, which allowed us to act quickly and decisively. Now, Apple it appears that is starting to make things right, thanks in part to your assistance. The cases filed against Apple are still in an early stage, and we will let you know of any significant developments as they occur.

So, thanks very much for your time and assistance. We will continue to keep you informed as things move forward.

Very truly yours,

John R. Parker, Jr.
    On Behalf of Everyone at Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Thanks

Thank you for the update on a public forum! I have followed this with intrest, but must say that MY phone has none of the mentioned problems. I have cruddy reception where i had it with the last 5 phones, (siemens, Nokia, and Sony Ericson) and have great to good reception where i had it before. i will not be participating in this, as mentioned before, because mine works. i got what i asked for, although a little pricey!
    unklbyl