Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Hate this kind of thing, Should i worry.?

Angry I Hate this kind of thing, Should i worry.?
    Went shopping at ASDA this afternoon with the Mrs., When i got a txt from O2
    (O2 is my network)., Saying "Free delivery on grocery orders over 50 at ASDA.com"
    Was this a complete coincidence or did O2 know i was at ASDA.?
    Btw, ive got Location Service OFF!

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzy View Post
    Went shopping at ASDA this afternoon with the Mrs., When i got a txt from O2
    (O2 is my network)., Saying "Free delivery on grocery orders over 50 at ASDA.com"
    Was this a complete coincidence or did O2 know i was at ASDA.?
    Btw, ive got Location Service OFF!

coincidence

Like I just said in another post. Its possible. Open your mind a little and dont deny something just because it interferes with your reality.
    Im not saying they knew you were there but I am saying that its kind of strange and it makes you wonder. Especially now days. I wouldnt worry though unless your afraid of advertising.
    Last edited by PWNsyst3m; 2010-07-16 at 05:33 PM.

You need to get a grip on reality. Not everything is a conspiracy to take over the world. Do some more acid...

The grocery store could have its own WAP and your network sees that your phone is getting service through it. Also, you don't have to have location services on for "them" to tell where you are. Your phone simply needs to be on and they can triangulate your location. I'd say more of a coincidence, though because both seem unlikely and their triangulation doesn't work that well. Phone towers aren't running off individual atomic clocks, this is why when you have no real GPS signal you end up a bit away from where you actually are.

Lol so please explain to me what reality is? Reality is perception. And I mentioned nothing about conspiracies you just assumed this just like you assumed I do acid. I just think of every possibilty not just my possibilities. Oh yea and the conspiracies are real!!! New world order!!!

Im not worried, i just deleted it..! I'm just looking at the bigger picture.. Knowing im at ASDA isnt a worry,
    Its the principle that im a pawn in a big money making game, and there isn't any privacy any more..
    If cameras everywhere wasnt enough, they are following you with your iDevices...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Happens all the time in the US. Not sure how it works but just driving by restaurants and such I get lots of texts for discounts and such.

If you think so. Reality is the same for everyone who is sane and on this plane of existence. Either you are insane, on a life-long trip to lala land, or from another universe/dimension. We are on a planet experiencing no quantum effects. You watch too much TV.

If you take acid, your perception changes, reality doesn't. I've done it and other things, but I always realized that what I was seeing or feeling was because of drugs, not skewing reality. I thought I was god once on a trip, and I was changing things around the world in my mind, but guess what? I had no effect on reality.

If you believe about the new world order and apocalyptic stuff, then you would believe it's not a conspiracy, but fate...

Yea I wouldnt doubt it with the least bit. Its 1984.

I never watch tv....
    Im just saying that it could be possible jeez. Lol
    And yea ill agree with you on that one.
    Last edited by PWNsyst3m; 2010-07-16 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Anything is possible, somewhat. When it comes to people and the world and decisions, there's no affecting it. Humans will never learn to fly like superman, so not anything is possible.

I underestimated you man. Lol

Yeah, well maybe next time you will estimate me. <- "The Office" quote

I do nothing all the time and my mind is always in thought about what is and what can be, and what will happen. Lately everything is just crap. Maybe I can just feel we're getting closer to the end, or at least hopefully I'm getting closer to my end. I have had crazy dreams about the world ending, not cool...

Same here honestly. I mean if you just take a look at the world its amazing to see that we lasted this long. Ive been watching a series called the arrivals, its on youtube. It makes perfect sence to me atleast. If you believe in prophecies I recommend it.

Red face ?
    Blimey, What have i started.!!
    Can we keep this discussion iPhone related, or at least Phone related!

Quote Originally Posted by Nips_19 View Post
    coincidence
    ^2

No coincidence.
    Your location was triangulated by GSM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same text a few times and I am no where near asda. From the millions of people recieving these texts there's got to be someone in an asda. Also what's the point in discount on home delivery if you have to do your shopping online at home and your already at asda doing it. Definitely a coincidence. Hit thanks if this helped

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dazzer1983 For This Useful Post:

Phantom21 (2010-07-31)

It's pretty crappy that you pay for cell phone coverage and you have to deal with ads from text message. I would hope it doesn't take any away from a quota.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer1983 View Post
    I had the same text a few times and I am no where near asda. From the millions of people recieving these texts there's got to be someone in an asda. Also what's the point in discount on home delivery if you have to do your shopping online at home and your already at asda doing it. Definitely a coincidence. Hit thanks if this helped
    You may have been near an Asda.
    You can of course, register your number with the TPS which will stop all unsolicited comms after a month odd.