Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Geohot locked his blog! Invite only!

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

lovin' this thread though nobody has shown any proof or even any major sites with a news story saying he faked anything....
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabprogramma View Post
    lovin' this thread though nobody has shown any proof or even any major sites with a news story saying he faked anything....
    People where talking about it earlier in this thread I think. I had to see it for myself, and looked at his blog before he shut it down, and sure enough he mentioned the photo being fake. If you don't believe anyone that's cool, but it was there. Or I may be crazy, either or??

Edit: it was the "GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4" thread by Kyle Mathews
    This one: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...shove-off.html
    Last edited by kmmxracer; 2010-07-13 at 03:57 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

no I believe you...I just think it's stupid that nobodies covering it so that people like me don't have to wonder if it's true..
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Why do the majority of the people here believe him when he said it was a fake and that he didn't jailbreak it at all?

I can understand his grievances if this many people are that blind.

Thanks

WOW! When I posted this thread, it was about how he shut down his blog. To all the folks saying that we are haters and beggers because we dont agree how he is handling the situation, grow up. We respect Geohot and his work, I could never take that away from him. But he is a public figure, so he has to learn how to take on public heat. Yes, its probally annoying everyone asking for a release date. Do you see Apple or Sony getting mad because we ask when the next phone or firmware update is for our PS3. Trust me, they get e-mails and calls by the millions! He advertised the iPad jailbreak, he advertised the iPhone 4 jailbreak by posting it on his site. What do you expect for folks to do, they want answers. If he dont like the heat, he needs to state he is not in this line of business and stop teasing the public with pic of his work. This is what this thread is about, how he is blaming us the public for his decisions. People bring heat to themselves by there decisions!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drama3434 View Post
    WOW! When I posted this thread, it was about how he shut down his blog. To all the folks saying that we are haters and beggers because we dont agree how he is handling the situation, grow up. We respect Geohot and his work, I could never take that away from him. But he is a public figure, so he has to learn how to take on public heat. Yes, its probally annoying everyone asking for a release date. Do you see Apple or Sony getting mad because we ask when the next phone or firmware update is for our PS3. Trust me, they get e-mails and calls by the millions! He advertised the iPad jailbreak, he advertised the iPhone 4 jailbreak by posting it on his site. What do you expect for folks to do, they want answers. If he dont like the heat, he needs to state he is not in this line of business and stop teasing the public with pic of his work. This is what this thread is about, how he is blaming us the public for his decisions. People bring heat to themselves by there decisions!
    Wait...what? He posted iPhone and iPad jailbreaking ads all over the Internet?

I hope you know what an advertisement is...
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Heat lol this ain't the five o

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

But you are talking about companies. This is a single person. And I bet they do get mad but they are publically traded companies thus getting mad will ruin business.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-13 at 04:48 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

PWNsyst3m (2010-07-13), Simtech (2010-07-13)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

You do understand that he does this as a hobby, right? What heat is he supposed to take on? He hasn't teased us with anything. Anytime he's posted pics/videos of a jailbreak either he releases it down the line OR another hacker has already announced they will be releasing their jailbreak. Why should he release it and waste an exploit if there's already one in the works? Not to mention how much time is spent taking the exploit and jailbreak from it's original form to the final product that we see in blackra1n or redsn0w. Apple and Sony are multibillion dollar corporations, great comparison! They want answers? What answers do they want that he has not addressed? They want release date related answers, that issue has been addressed by him. Now what? This is one of the most incompetent and uninformed posts I've seen lately. Congrats!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

All the little smart elics that think they can live without Geo in the iPhone scene let's see how far you get without him. I hope he takes the next full year off and we'll see how far along the scene gets without him.

Get used to reloading 3.1.3 through Cydia. You all seem to be confusing "UPDATES" to Firmware with actual FIRMWARE. Every NEW firmware needs to be cracked and only one person seems to have been doing that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-07-13)

Use google...

Geohot bids Goodbye to iPhone 4 Jailbreak, assert Image Posted was FAKE! | Gadgets DNA

Sorry, this post was probably a bad idea. Next time I wonít say anything. I miss when this blog was actually about technical things(Iíve been reacting too much to the feedback, which led it to the place itís in now). I didnít fully realize most of the current scene donít care unless they are getting something. Now I do. Itís late tonight, Iíll think about what to do about this in the morning.
    The real reason behind no release isnít technical. Itís just that it will never stop, after blackra1n, people demand unlock, after blacksn0w, people demand untethered. I miss the days when jailbreaking and unlocking were difficult, it attracted a much higher caliber crowd.

Also, to the haters, the picture is quite obviously fake

14. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhone3G[S] For This Useful Post:

EmmanuelFuentes (2010-07-13)

Thanks

awesomeiPod, cerote, and paganizonda83 you three are totally letting this thread go ever your head. When you post merchandise, software and etc on a site with a donations tab, thats advertising! Yes he is one man, it was a comparison, sorry you three are so narrow minded to get the point I make. I am a loyal person, but what is wrong is wrong. Only narrow minded people will take things out of content to cover up the wrong. Its probally because people like you three that have your head so far up his *** he got fed up. No one likes a person who brown noses. So before you talk down, read the thread first. Its just about how he closed his blog, and how he handled the public. He is a public figure, you say its a hobby, buiding paper airplanes is a hobby! Its a business, when you do what he does, its business. Dont you know, nothing is for free! Oh, and thanks for your time awesomeiPod, cerote, and paganizonda83, you truly remind us that some people just cant see the truth!

HAHA, geobaby returns with a tweet to follow some moron for updates on his jailbreaking... EPIC FAIL, attention whore

http://twitter.com/geohot/status/18403276672

Thanks

awesomeiPod, cerote, and paganizonda83 you three are totally letting this thread go ever your head. When you post merchandise, software and etc on a site with a donations tab, thats advertising! Yes he is one man, it was a comparison, sorry you three are so narrow minded to get the point I make. I am a loyal person, but what is wrong is wrong. Only narrow minded people will take things out of content to cover up the wrong. Its probally because people like you three that have your head so far up his *** he got fed up. No one likes a person who brown noses. So before you talk down, read the thread first. Its just about how he closed his blog, and how he handled the public. He is a public figure, you say its a hobby, buiding paper airplanes is a hobby! Its a business, when you do what he does, its business. Dont you know, nothing is for free! Oh, and thanks for your time awesomeiPod, cerote, and paganizonda83, you truly remind us that some people just cant see the truth!
    What the heck are you even talking about? I'm not one of the people who ***** about Geohot. Read my posts in the Geohot Jailbreaks iPhone 4 Thread before trolling!
    Last edited by awesomeSlayer; 2010-07-13 at 05:59 AM. Reason: OH NOES!! A spelling error :P
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeSlayer For This Useful Post:

EmmanuelFuentes (2010-07-13)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah i googled it to:
    iClarified - Apple News - Geohot Shuts Down His iPhone Blog
    And he blocked his twitter tweets
    Last edited by EmmanuelFuentes; 2010-07-13 at 05:38 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

IMO, he should have never teased the masses if he didn't want the attention it would bring him. Just doesn't make sense to me, I would think he knew this would be the outcome.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

This whole post was funny. I don't have my head up anyone's ***. Maybe people one-sided and don't see his side of what is going on.

You know Steve Jobs has that same cocky attitude that GeoHotz has. But again geohotz is one person and not a company. He does not sell any product he just asks for donations for his time. He had donations for his PS3 work but he never really released anything too.

But oh well I really don't care what anyone actually think of me because to each his own and I respect your view.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-13 at 05:57 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

From geohot on twitter, it's says 1 hour ago

( please follow my good friend @mikecohenn for all future jailbreak updates )

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    From geohot on twitter, it's says 1 hour ago

( please follow my good friend @mikecohenn for all future jailbreak updates )
    Lets just stop posting any updates he has... He already said hes not releasing and its just gonna bring more heat. I say close all these geohot threads

Thanks

Cerote, I appreciate it! I am just trying to make a point how I see things. I do respect all opinions and side of views. It just sucks how things turn so political, we are all here for one thing, to help and clarify issues with our idevices. MMI is by far the best forum to get answers! There are lots of folks with iphones they can't use! I know Apple and AT&T are the cause of this political game. I truly think if we spend hundreds of dollars on a phone we should be able to choose the carrier and do what we want with our phone. I think we are the only country that locks the iphone for one carrier. I do respect Geohot and the Dev team for there hard work, and I appreciate the freedom they gave us with our idevices. But, there is always a right way to handle a situation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast