Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Geohot and iPhone 4 W.Picture

Default Geohot and iPhone 4 W.Picture
    After months of silence, Geohot has finally published a new blog post in which he talks about iPhone 4 jailbreak situation, limera1n, and Pwned4life exploit which he recently talked about at the Nuit Du Hack conference in Paris. According to his latest blog post, he has managed to jailbreak his iPhone 4 the day it got delivered to him by mail. This is what he writes on his blog:

iPhone 4 Jailbreak by Geohot

Got one of these in the mail today and figured I’d give it a shot.

As far as a release goes, it probably won’t happen from me. limera1n is little more than a raindrop on a website; it was never mentioned by me previous to this post. pwned4life is a complete invention of some blogger in a basement somewhere. When I said pwned for life, I was referring to the original iPhone, 3G, and Touch; which of course are, by the aptly named PwnageTool.

Again, please don’t ask for release dates. Every person that does makes me want to release a little bit less.

As for the release dates, it probably wont happen from him. Comex’s Spirit like jailbreak tool is still the most likely candidate for the release, which will probably happen once Apple rolls out the new iOS 4.0.1 / 4.1 firmware update for iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G.

source :http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/

Like A Boss

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to metaljay For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-07-10), stlcaddie (2010-07-10)

thx 4 the info m8

why doesnt geohot want to use his expertise to release a JB? i figured he'd enjoy helping the community.

Who nos, this was just to prove he could...ah well spirit it is lol

Thanks

Probably because people annoy him as well...there's good people in the community and then there's annoying people

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Probably because people annoy him as well...there's good people in the community and then there's annoying people
    Probably because he is a arrogant egotistical ****** that loves to brag but never does anything anymore. The jb he used is the exploit that comex found first. Thats why he won't release it, because it is not his to release. It just a way for him to toot his own horn again.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Captinsmooth For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-07-10)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    Probably because he is a arrogant egotistical ****** that loves to brag but never does anything anymore. The jb he used is the exploit that comex found first. Thats why he won't release it, because it is not his to release. It just a way for him to toot his own horn again.
    how does he never do anything? He has been instrumental in delivering freedom to umpteen thousands of iPhones. Just because he helped us before in no way shape or form obligates him to do so in the future. The guy is a genius and people like you should move to Android.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    how does he never do anything? He has been instrumental in delivering freedom to umpteen thousands of iPhones. Just because he helped us before in no way shape or form obligates him to do so in the future. The guy is a genius and people like you should move to Android.
    I said anything anymore... It is not taking credit away from what he has done in the past. If you want to dispute my comment at least use what I said in context. Kthanxbi

Thanks

Lighten up Francis....

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Geohot doesn't need to release. Others are releasing. One day in the future you won't be calling him a ****** because he will have provided you with a jailbreak when others are scratching their heads.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Geohot doesn't need to release. Others are releasing. One day in the future you won't be calling him a ****** because he will have provided you with a jailbreak when others are scratching their heads.
    I guess time will tell. Until then I still say he is a narcissist with a insatiable desire for attention. All he does now is tease people. So either he signed a NDA with apple for a large sum or he just likes to toot that horn. I guess either one is a huge probability.

IMO he does sound like a ******. Why even post a picture of it on iphone 4 and say he jailbroke it the same day and not release it? I don't get it.. its like having Christmas dinner with turkey and all the best food you can get in the middle of a street surrounded by homeless hungry people just salivating.What did he gain from this?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to durdan1 For This Useful Post:

Captinsmooth (2010-07-10), jasvncnt10 (2010-07-14)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess time will tell. Until then I still say he is a narcissist with a insatiable desire for attention. All he does now is tease people. So either he signed a NDA with apple for a large sum or he just likes to toot that horn. I guess either one is a huge probability.
    Wouldn't someone with such deeply ingrained narcissism be compelled to release the exploit before anyone else releases their's thus being the "hero" to the jailbreak craving public?

Because he is aware of Comex's forthcoming release, he could just be doing it to frustrate and push the buttons the countless number of people who constantly nag him about anything iPhone. The amount of entitlement a lot of the community has these days is sickening.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Wouldn't someone with such deeply ingrained narcissism be compelled to release the exploit before anyone else releases their's thus being the "hero" to the jailbreak craving public?

Because he is aware of Comex's forthcoming release, he could just be doing it to frustrate and push the buttons the countless number of people who constantly nag him about anything iPhone. The amount of entitlement a lot of the community has these days is sickening.
    I think he just likes attention anyway he can get it. So if he doesn't want to be nagged then why have a blog to brag about his triumphs. Obviously he is intelligent enough to concept cause an effect. Whats that famous quote? If you build it they will come...

Also, I am far from entitled. You will not find one post on here from me asking or begging for a jb. What I am though, is sick of his obnoxious youtube videos and blog post that draws attention to himself. Just to have him tell people don't ask for it. It serves no other cause than his ego.

Thanks

Geohot is super talented, I used his blackra1n tool when released back in the day. I know he don't owe us a jailbreak, but why play with the emotions of the public by saying and showing you have the tool to help millions that cant use there phones. I donated to him and I am sure everyone did to. It's about helping eachother out, and if you anyone can help you should. I just hope he did not sell out to apple his exploit, which apple can use to end all jailbreaks! A regular iPhone won't cut it! I love my 3gs, as most of us rely on our iPhones. T-mobile hands down makes our pockets heavier and rarely have a drop call. I don't Think you should show what you have if you are not going to release! Geohot, if you read this, put yourself in our shoes!
    Last edited by drama3434; 2010-07-10 at 04:01 PM.

Congratulations to GeoHot. I'm more anxious to find out what does and doesn't work on the iPhone 4 so when the jailbreak comes out we knowv ahead of time what not to install.

I want to know if mobilesubstrate, winterboard, activator, backgrounder, the most commonly used Cydia apps are ready for the iPhone 4.

I was anxious for the jailbreak but I've become more and more patient every day. I'm at the point where it comes out when it comes out.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I think he just likes attention anyway he can get it. So if he doesn't want to be nagged then why have a blog to brag about his triumphs. Obviously he is intelligent enough to concept cause an effect. Whats that famous quote? If you build it they will come...

Also, I am far from entitled. You will not find one post on here from me asking or begging for a jb. What I am though, is sick of his obnoxious youtube videos and blog post that draws attention to himself. Just to have him tell people don't ask for it. It serves no other cause than his ego.
    Actually, the quote is "If you build it, he will come." Perhaps the quote is still applicable if "you" represents Apple and "he" represents Geohot.

People have nagged him since day one and yet they never learn.

Also, nobody is forcing you to go to his blog and read it or even read threads with his name in the title. As far as the youtube videos are concerned, you are right, six videos over three years is pretty damn obnoxious.

How is him posting it any different than the Dev Team posting their videos and photos?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Actually, the quote is "If you build it, he will come." Perhaps the quote is still applicable if "you" represents Apple and "he" represents Geohot.

People have nagged him since day one and yet they never learn.

Also, nobody is forcing you to go to his blog and read it or even read threads with his name in the title. As far as the youtube videos are concerned, you are right, six videos over three years is pretty damn obnoxious.

How is him posting it any different than the Dev Team posting their videos and photos?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__TR86PLiHw]YouTube - Untethered Jailbreak[/ame]

This video is obnoxious, it served no other point then to brag. I mean seriously listen to the song...lol Oh by the way he never released the jb from this video.

The difference between him and the dev team is they release a video or pics as proof that they have a pending jb, that they will release and do release.

Also I did not go to his blog to read about it. It was brought here to this very thread...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Look i make iphone 4 jailbreak. I wont release cause im an attention whore though.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Lighten up Francis....
    My name is Psycho...anybody calls me Francis, I'll kill 'em!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast