Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 and Autoplay on PC

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 and Autoplay on PC
    I have a question for anyone that has an iPhone 4. With my 3G that I used to have, when I plugged it into my PC to sync with iTunes, I would always get the Autoplay options as well (Extract Pics, Open Folder, etc.). I did a restore last night to try and fix reception issues (see other posts) and before I did the restore it would do the autoplay when I plugged it in.

I tried plugging it in this morning when the restore was done and I don't get the autoplay options anymore. Does this happen to anyone else? I am using Windows 7 64-but Professional.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Thanks

Plug in your phone. Go to My Computer. Right click on your phone, which will probably appear as a camera. Choose properties. In the properties window, go the the Events tab. Under Actions, check 'Prompt for which program to run and click OK. That should do it.

Thanks

Thats the problem, it doesn't even show up under My Computer. I even restarted it to see if that was the issue. And when it came back up it doesn't show up. Any idea's?

Could I use iPhone Explorer or iPhone Browser to do the same thing?
    Last edited by mmurphmsu; 2010-06-30 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I had this problem using windows 7 ultimate with my 3gs and it turned out there was a bug with a combo of windows 7 64bit, asus motherboard, more than 2gb ram. windows has since patched this problem but maybe you did a clean install of windows? or did a ram upgrade and never received the patch? this all happened about a year ago.

Thanks

I went home the same day that I posted this and I plugged it in and it worked. So I don't know what happened.